Thursday 27 October 2011

Watching the Cat Wednesday...

As I said yesterday Chivers seems a bit out of sorts.  We think the worming tablet has upset his constitution.  He looked a bit forelorn when we were going to bed last night so we decided to take him across with us (with food and cat litter).  I should have known that it was a bad idea based on previous experiences - John just sleeps through anything - I dont!!  Chivers was very sleepy and I was worried that when he snuggled down between us that John might turn over and squash him so I moved him over to my side and then I thought he wasnt breathing (the cat not John!)  Chivs got himself very comfortable in the crook of my arm and then I couldnt move so woke up this morning in agony!  He is still a bit off but has been fairly active today and eating and drinking so hopefully whatever it is will go through his system quickly.

Just to show you that yesterday wasn't a one-off weatherwise today started equally as bright and so we opted to have breakfast outside - well make that brunch as we were going for eggs on toast - although hardly brunch as it was only 9.00am!!

Brunch was followed by me giving John a haircut - winter must have set in as it was a number two all over instead of the usual number one!

By the time the hairdressing session was over the temperature outside had shot up to over 28 degrees!  We have no idea whether this is the norm for this time of year but it is certainly very pleasant.  I was pleased that the weather was good because I was going to do my washing yesterday but of course we had no water so I didnt so it meant that I could do it today and get it dry on the line.

It is really nice now because Chivers comes outside and keeps us company when we are in the garden - he isn't very brave and likes to know where one or other of us is but there is so much to keep him occupied - everyday is a school day!!  Today he encountered one of the big moths that had been attracted to our outside light.  I guess we should have put the poor thing out of its misery but think it is all part of Chivers' learning curve - it kept him amused for ages but unfortunately the poor old moth was alive for most of it.  Chivs has his eyes on the gecko that lives under the campsis but I think he has two hopes of catching it and one of those is Bob!
Fortunately as I said we have water but we still dont have the thermostats back on the solar heating so the water has to be circulated manually and then we aren't too sure how much we have so John suggested I showered outside today - he did the kind thing and had the cold and warm water and then stepped out when the water was hot.  Just goes to show what a hardy bunch we Navy wives can be compared to a wussy ex-army warrant officer (sorry Trev!!).

Whilst John was on pool cleaning duty I took the opportunity to do some weeding - its amazing what a little bit of rain can do and what a mess the garden is looking.  So you can see my before and after shots as I tackled the worst bit which is where my washing line lives.  John reckons that I have probably just disturbed a different load of seeds and that in a couple of days it will be looking just as bad as it did previously.  He may well be right but it felt good to be outside and doing something constructive.  

After our chores were completed John and I took the opportunity to sit outside and enjoy the afternoon sunshine and Chivs came too.  I have worked out how to download books onto John's tablet so that he can use it like a Kindle.  Try as he might to get into his book Chivers had a different idea - we aren't sure why he is so fascinated by computers but we often find him sitting on the keyboard of the laptops!! 

Chivs loves to sit in the sunshine so he is really enjoying the weather at the moment.  God knows what we are going to do when it is raining - he will be as miserable as sin - well that will make two of us!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.