Friday 15 June 2012

I Could Get a Job as a Holiday Planner...


This is Chivers - the same Chivers that we rushed to the vets earlier in the week because he was limping and holding up his paw pathetically - he hardly looks poorly does he?  He is such a softee - you can do anything with him and he never gets bad-tempered which is why it was so surprising when he escaped from the vets the other month and they said he was like a thing possessed!!  Anyway this morning it was his turn to be chilling on our bed - I think the cats like it in that room because it is cooler in there than anywhere else.


John and I were having a quiet day today.  I had a Greek lesson at lunchtime and then we were meeting up at the Akamas Spa for High Tea.  I had arranged for Kaye, Vanessa, Elena, Andy and Rosie to spend the day at the Spa - the girlies were having an Indian head massage and using all the facilities and Andy had opted for the gym and the pool, sauna and steamroom.  When I went off to Greek John was going to pick Andy up and bring him back to ours for a change of scenery.



There was a Wii challenge occurring at ours when I got back from Greek - we haven't played on the Wii for a while but I haven't lost my bowling skills and I think Andy would have to admit that he was well and truly beaten! He says he took his eye off the ball for a second - but I know the truth!


We all assembled for High Tea and were joined by Colin and Richard.  It topped off what the girlies agreed was an excellent day - they said that their massage was fantastic and that they were well looked after at the spa to the point where they were given some fresh fruit at lunchtime to keep them going.  Tea was as always excellent and completely defeated us - we had to take a huge doggy bag back with us.

The youngsters disappeared early to go off to Kathikas to secure their spot for watching the Euro 2012 match England v France.  The rest of us sat slowly digesting our cake-fest.  I went back home to start a cookathon as I have all thirteen of us round for a meal tomorrow and so have a stifado and a Moroccan chicken to get cooked.  Once I had got everything sorted I drove to Kathikas to join the group and catch the tail end of the 1-1 draw.  We all then piled back to the Villa in Kathikas where Kaye, Mum, Dad and Aunty Joyce were playing dominos.  More food appeared but I had to decline!  Tomorrow is the Thomas/Godfrey final day - I think they will admit that they have had a pretty good holiday and there are still things they were going to do that they simply haven't had time for - still there is always the next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.