Friday 22 June 2012

The Start of a New Week...


So it is Monday and a little normality is creeping back into our routine in that I am returning to Chez Knips and my art.  I am still working on my Clematis picture and it is coming on slowly - this is about 24 hours work - you could never charge for the time it takes - not that I am planning to sell any of my pictures!  I am hoping that once this is completed it can go in one of the frames that is hanging in the lounge but that means I need to find something else as the subject for the other frame as they hang as a pair.  Once again I had a lovely morning with Sheila and Klaus (and Charlie and Benji of course).  If you want to see the sort of work that Sheila produces and to learn a little of her and Klaus's life in Africa then check out her blog http://sheilaknips.blogspot.com/ - her current wolf picture would probably be a lot further on if it wasn't for me disturbing her all the time!!


John picked me up from Art and took me down to Polis and my Green lesson - he was doing shopping whilst I was learning my verbs!  This week at Samantha's I had the pleasure of meeting her rescued cat whom she has named James Bond - what an absolutely beautiful kitten he is.  At the end of the lesson we got onto talking about cat flaps and Sam was saying she needs one for James because otherwise she gets all the strays in the neighbourhood in her flat so I have offered John's services - maybe I will get a couple of lessons FOC in return for his services!

Greek over we scooted back to Droushia as we were waiting for Mum, Dad, Aunty Joyce, Uncle David and Trish and Alan to arrive.


It was exceptionally hot today and we were struggling to find enough shade for everyone - thank God for the gazebo and the afternoon breeze that we generally enjoy.  We have not seen Alan and Trish for quite some time so it was great to see them.

We had arranged for the eight of us to have High Tea at the Akamas Spa and although we had warned everybody about how much food there would be I am not sure that they actually believed us.  Once again we found it tremendous value for money and nothing was too much trouble for Chef David so I am hopeful that the Droushia Ladies will enjoy it when we go on July 4th for our next meeting.  Although we made a fair old stab at the cakes we still ended up with some take-away which Joyce and David earmarked for their lunch tomorrow!  We were pleased to see that the fridge cake was a much more reasonable size this time and the cheesecake had some very pretty decoration on it.

Stuffed to the gunnels we returned to ours for a sit in the late afternoon sun before our visitors made their way back to Paphos.  We settled down for a Euro 2012 footie match feeling like a couple of weebles - diet most definitely starts after tomorrow - why put it off?  well tomorrow we are being treated to a meal by Uncle David and Aunty Joyce and we have chosen Vienna and that means STEAK!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.