Sunday 2 September 2012

Τετάρτη - Wednesday to you and me!


The drive to craft this morning was a beautiful one but even here in Cyprus we are beginning to realise that summer is coming to an end.  For one thing the Cypriot workers' annual summer holiday period ended on Sunday and so the vast majority of them returned to work on Monday so apart from a few tourists the roads are practically empty, secondly the evenings are most definitely getting cooler and damper up in Droushia and thirdly the crops in the fields have been cut and the bales are drying in the sunshine.  The colours in the landscape are changing and we most definitely have seasons.
 

I had wanted to complete the tiling on my rather weird and wonderful gecko this week so that the next time I go I will be able to grout him and the other blue/green one that I made the other week.  I managed to get the tiling done thanks to Jeannette lending me some cutters and more glue as mine had dried out.  I am a really messy worker and no matter how much I try I still get stuff everywhere! 
 
I was pleased to learn that Jeannette has really taken to her blog and apart from a couple of questions and a request to change her profile picture because I had caught her unprepared previously she was well away and had even created some new pages with content - it will prove a great medium for displaying her work to a wider audience.
 

After Craft I called into Latchi as we have Nicky and Mark coming at the weekend and Nicky mentioned going out on a boat.  The weather up here has been coming from the North West and has left the sea very choppy - in fact too choppy for the pleasure boats to go out and the forecast isn't brilliant for the next few days so knowing what sea sickness can be like I wasn't too upset when Nicky felt our boat trip could wait until another time.  I took this picture along the coast where they have installed breaks and the water beachside should be calmer - not today though!
 
My Greek lesson (postponed from Monday) was a toughie today not least because I had cancelled the previous lesson because Hazel was here so I was a bit of a duffer today to say the least.  I have been given more verbs to learn this week, 'to buy' and 'to shop' are useful but John questions the requirement for me to learn the verb 'to clean'!!! Cheeky Monkey!!!
 
Our best intentions to watch the opening ceremony of the Paralympics went out of the window as we retired to the land of nod!  Sleeping much better now that it is cooler at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.