Monday, 21 November 2016

Good friends, good food and goodbyes

A sad day as we have reached the end of Tommy and Sally's all too short visit.  We have been blessed with fabulous weather for November and it has meant that we have been able to follow the itinerary to give them a taste of our lives here.  Our six years apart melted away immediately and we took up where we left off - we hope that they will come again soon - we have missed them.

Big thanks to Tommy and his fabulous phone for the stunning panoramic photographs taken at Latchi harbour this morning.  What a fabulous place to have lunch and it has to have been warm because even I was in a summer vest!!!  We chose one of our favourite lunch destinations - Molos and it didn't disappoint.

Both Sally and Tommy are keen on seafood and so they opted for the fish platter which they thoroughly enjoyed - John and I stuck to our favourite steak baguettes.  Looking back on the blog it would appear that the weather at the beginning of November is generally quite good until the coptic storm later in the month. 

Our main courses were followed by shared puds - we plumped for the homemade white cheesecake which was absolutely fabulous - I don't know what I expected but it wasn't something as rich and creamy as we had.  As we needed to get to Larnaca airport for around 4.00pm then we needed to make sure they had a good meal inside them.
Unbelievably after all that food Sally felt obliged to try the home-made ice-cream from the stand at Porto Latchi!  Opting for the Mars bar and Pistachio dieters favourite (not!!!) we strolled along Latchi making the most of the afternoon sunshine before returning home to chill before the journey to the airport.

The full moon tonight, November 14, 2016 was not only the biggest, closest and brightest supermoon of this year it was the closest supermoon since January 26, 1948.  The moon won’t come this close to Earth again until November 25, 2034.

It was a cloudy sky but as we approached the airport it peaked through the clouds and I quickly managed to snap a photograph.

Our run to the airport was uneventful and took a flat 2 hours door to door - there were no threatened roadworks to delay our travels.

With only hand luggage there was no waiting around at check-ins so we parked up and went in with them to say our goodbyes.

All a bit emotional really as we don't know exactly when we will be able to meet up again but we will and what we know is that after several years of separation nothing had changed - our friendship was exactly the same!

On our return home we found a lovely note from the two of them with some money so that we could share a bottle of wine at the Droushia Heights hotel with Rob and Di - thanks Mr & Mrs Allan - it was an absolute pleasure to have you come and stay xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment