Wednesday 6 September 2017

Sunday...


It was a different Sunday for us as we were all assembling at Villa Klioniki for a meal together.  To make things easier on us all we had ordered spit roast chickens and roast potatoes from the Prodromi Tavern and I had made coleslaw and a dish of stuffed peppers for Alicia.  Janice was providing the salad, bread and other bits and pieces although she clearly thought the invitation had been extended to the whole of Latchi by the amount of food that was produced!!!  Mum and Dad came up from Emba to join in what was a jolly but hectic affair!  The chickens and potatoes where absolutely divine and I am pleased to say that my stuffed peppers proved a hit with both the children even though Nathan is a meat eater.

It was an exceptionally hot day today and we were glad that Dad sought the sanctuary of a sunbed in the shade for his afternoon siesta whilst the rest of us cleared up, chatted or played table tennis - I have yet to beat Mr Competitive but am determined that by the time Janice and co have to relinquish the table I will have done so!  I cant see it happening myself but just once it would be sooooo nice.


A week has gone by already - the second week always flies by so with that in mind Janice and Mick decided to hire a car for three days so there is no panic to get the Pug sorted - this is weight off our mind although we are disappointed that our car has let them down.  As Mick is hiring a bike and buggies from Patrides in Latchi he also got the car from them - they have seen him right and he has a nice racy looking black Suzuki on the drive at the moment.  This will mean they have the freedom to go wherever they want for the next few days without worrying about the car over heating.  This also means that John can come down with me on Tuesday rather than me take the car on my own on Monday.  I have to say I am much happier about this as I know that something would have come up and with John on a boat heading for the Blue Lagoon then communication would have been difficult and left to my own devices I would have been bound to have made a wrong decision.  Given a choice between two options invariably John would chose one whilst I would chose the other.


We stayed in Latchi until early evening making the most of the beautiful day and the pool - well I didn't as I have the tail end of neuralgia and don't fancy getting water in my ear - we had thought we might go and sample some of the bars before returning home but the food and the heat had made us all tired and John and his Mum have an early start in the morning so we returned home to enjoy the cool of the mountain air before calling it a day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.