Monday 18 September 2017

Thursday - Last Castle

Today John and I went our separate ways with John taking his Mum out for the day and me meeting up with my cousin and his wife and going to one of our most favourite places The Last Castle with Mum and Dad.

We are nowhere near the end of visitors - this happens sometime towards the end of October and my mind and body are flagging.  The washing machine is sending me subliminal messages - it does a funny spin cycle thing where it spins in one direction and then the other then agitates - at this point it makes a noise like it is calling to you - sometimes it seems to say "eat me eat me eat me" but today it sounds more like "kill me kill me kill me"  I wonder what this means?  I cannot dwell on it for long as I have to be off and out and down to the Alexander the Great to pick up said cousin and wife and then squeeze Mum and Dad into Kenny as the road to the Last Castle (Viklari) is about as rough as I have ever known it (having been there only last week with John's family).


We made it up the hill with a few ooos and aaaahs as we traversed the massive ruts and eventually ended up in the car park.  We had been allocated a table with a view - further down the restaurant than last week but still a lovely spot.  I had warned Cheryl that it was breezy up there and to take a cardi just in case - this is so typical of someone living in Droushia!!!  However, had it been the weather of yesterday she would have thanked me as the wind had a real chill about it.  Today however the breeze was a warm one and she clearly thought I was a nutter!


I had not ordered the Fasoulia which I love there - it is a sort of giant butter bean dish that resembles baked beans on steroids but without the tomato sauce.  I asked if there was a vegetarian option and was delighted when they brought a green lentil dish - I haven't had it in ages and remember the first time I sampled it when I was taken into the kitchens at the old place in Paphos where we used to eat (Andreas's - now being done up).  The vast hunks of pork and chicken beat the other four and so Cheryl took a piece of chicken for the local hotel cat which she has taken a shine to and I take the pork which I intend to put in with the beef ribs which I have planned for tea tomorrow.  The thought of more food makes me feel weak - I now realise why the washing machine was speaking to me - my big fat bloated belly is going to explode soon if we continue eating like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.