Tuesday 21 November 2017

hot and cold

So here we are in a selfie competition before our early morning consitutional and I am thinking that my swimming costume is doing me quite a lot of favours - I actually look quite shapely - actually I think it is one that Mum used to leave up here when she still managed a swim so thanks mum!  Nothing to report except that the water temperature has risen by two degrees - I reckon John goes and sticks the thermometer in some hot water before I go and check it!!!

We had a fairly normal Friday with pickleball in the afternoon although only four of us this week as Liselotte and John are away - Liselotte celebrates her 50th birthday at the weekend.  Afterwards John and I took mum and dad to Choccos for a cuppa and a chat and a sit in their nice sofas in the sunshine - it was almost warm enough to be sitting outside even for mum and dad.  Interestingly though rain was forecast for tonight although there wasn't much evidence of it during the afternoon.

I had a trip to Fedex this afternoon to pick up a parcel which I could have had forwarded on up to Polis but as we were down that way we decided to go and pick it up.

I am super impressed by this company I have found called CarpetVista which is based in Sweden and which sends over to Cyprus with no delivery charges.  This is the second rug I have ordered - with no delivery charges I waited for the first one to check it out before going for a second and this one took only a couple of days to arrive.

I LOVE IT! as it is in the walkway to and from the kitchen it needed to be something that didn't show the dirt and the colours match the rest of the rugs and furniture perfectly - now we are thinking we might get a couple more.  This one is pure wool and if you look closely you will see that Charlie is at the very top of the picture giving it his own seal of approval.

Tonight Mike is staying over he is another Blades supporter for his sins and brought with him a really stylish SUFC polo shirt as a 50th birthday present for John which was so kind.  He asked if we could go to Finikas for a meze as we did when he was here about six months ago, we are always happy to go there but doubt that we will be sitting outside this time!

In fact I was conscious that it could be cold sitting inside at Finikas surrounded by all the stone so decided to err on the side of caution and wear layers and dig out my winter boots.

It is so strange to think that we were swimming in the morning, sitting out in the sunshine in the afternoon and then dresses like Nanook of the North to walk down to the village for a meal and then to cap it all the rain actually came before we left to go home - we managed to walk back in reasonable dryness but as we got to the front gate it was absolutely chucking it down.

Anyway back in Finikas the fire must have been lit this morning because it was roaring and kept well stoked throughout the entire meal and we were toasty warm - in fact I had to swap places with Diana at one point because I was beginning to boil.

It was a lovely evening - shame we were the only ones in there but actually secretly we quite like having the individual attention - we weren't disappointed by our food and were given a big old bag of shoushouko to take home with us.

I left John and Mike discussing all things football related and watching the England friendly and retired to bed.  We are meeting up with Dip and Karen tomorrow for lunch and don't have to panic now as they have found a plumber to sort out their water pressure issue on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.