Tuesday 7 November 2017

No Clean today - rain stopped play!

Today was a bit of a right-off because the weather put paid to our plan to carry out a village clean.  It was stormy on and off all day, stormy and cold.  This did not however put a stop to our morning routine even though the thought of getting into the pool is becoming much less attractive!

With no prospect of sufficient sunshine to heat the water we decided to treat ourselves to a little blast of the immersion so that once we had done our swim we could have a lovely hot shower.

Everything is conspiring against us at the moment what with the poorly car and the poorly internet.  For John a Saturday without access to his beloved sport is almost not worth contemplating.  Having said that we did manage to get Mobdro to work well enough to watch two games and listen to Jeff Snelling on Soccer Saturday.


It was barely daylight today - thick rolling mists, strong winds and heavy rains were the order of the day - we were confined to barracks and I had a cook-in to keep myself busy - a cook-in and a read - I haven't picked up a book for months shamefully so this was a good opportunity - activities which would not breach the fragile internet connection we had and therefore keep John a happy bunny - a very happy bunny as it happens because Wolves lost and so the Blades remained on top.


Sadly then not much to report about today - we should have been celebrating another successful clean but that will have to wait - I blinking well hope the weather bucks its ideas up soon otherwise it is going to be a long winter for us.  I can't believe that when we did the clean in October last year I was wearing a vest top!

An a final note - our being at home all day and it being cold out has meant the cats have kept us company all day.  John took a look at Boris earlier and asked if I thought his face looked an odd shape - it was certainly swollen on the right hand side but I pressed and prodded and he didn't whinge so I thought he was ok until John took a look and found he had an abscess.  I managed to remove the scud and got a shot of pus and blood for my trouble - Boo let me remove as much crap as I could - he never even flinched - he never does even that time when his ear was practically hanging off.  He has clearly been in a fight again with whichever cat it is that has got him in the ear, above his eye and now his cheek.  I do wish Boo would back off and stay in but shortly having performed major surgery on his wound he was off again probably to collect another one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.