Monday 27 November 2017

 The weather was so lovely this morning that we sat outside for our breakfast.  We don't do that in the Summer!

We had some of the lovely Lidl croissants, coffee and orange juice to set us up for the day.

We have our fingers crossed that the weather will remain good until the end of next week at least because John's school friend Amanda and her partner Jay arrive today for a week to celebrate Jay's 50th birthday and when the sun is shining Paphos looks lovely - I am not so sure how attractive it will seem in November in the rain.

I went into the pool this morning before I went off down to Polis for a facial with Kate.

John had decided he wanted to go in later when it was dark and with the light on in the pool before we had our supper.  I wasn't sure whether I would fancy that!

The temperature is the same - 56 degrees so it doesn't feel any different and I got out glowing, washed my hair and got myself ready.  I thought it was my neighbour Sharon's birthday today and took round a card but I was a day early but that was better than being a day late!

I arrived in Polis a little early for my appointment and had a little time to kill so went for a wander around - the temperatures were well into the high 20s and there is still a bit of a tourist buzz about the town.  Outside the icecream shop the men of the area were putting the world to rights - their positioning of their chairs causing a natural speed calming area!  Down one of the side streets there is this fabulous old van just rusting quietly away - well I assume it is as it doesn't look like it has been taken out for many a day - I could be wrong of course looking at some of the vehicles that still grace the highways and bi-ways of Cyprus.  A bit of a shame really as it is a lovely old thing.

I had a lovely hour being pampered by Kate.  Sadly I have never been fortunate enough to have good skin - I suffered from acne from a very young age and the damage was done then.  I stupidly thought that spots were confined to teenage years but I continue to get them and I am fast approaching 60.  Breakouts are accompanied by sun damage and lines and wrinkles - Kate is kind and makes encouraging noises but even she cannot make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.   I leave the salon slipping and sliding in my flipflops as she gives my feet a bit of TLC by way of some reflexology - I never used to like anyone touch my feet but I will always make an exception for her.  She has been busy, having found 'crafting' she has made personally decorated Christmas boxes for her regular clients.  All beautifully done and tasteful - I would expect nothing less from her.

John is very happy with his new ladder which makes access to the roof which houses the solar panels and the PV panels so much easier and that means he can get up and clean them more regularly.  We have had a lot of dust and sand in the atmosphere and of course whilst this sits on the panels they are less efficient.

We had a visit from Bassam and Rabia this afternoon - we want Bassam to help make the covered walkway more waterproof and he is coming next week to do it which is good - just as they were leaving Rob came to return Kenny now that he has had his own car sorted.  Bless the Bobster he had cleaned Kenny so that it looked like a different vehicle all together and he and Diana had bought me a plant for the garden - the one I have been looking for for ages so that was kind of them and we were more than happy to help them out whilst their car was poorly.

We did the floodlit swim - we think the water was marginally warmer than it had been this morning and it looked nice and inviting with the light on.

We then had a nice hot shower before settling down for our evening meal.

It was fridge surprise night tonight, we had a lot of bits and bobs loafing in the fridge that needed eating up and so I made a sort of bruschetta type stack with cornbread that had been sprinkled with olive oil and heated in the pan then came a layer of tomato and onion which had been reduced down with some basil and thyme and balsamic vinegar then a layer of lounza, a layer of roasted red peppers, a layer of bacon, a layer of apple, a layer of rocket form the garden and then a layer of brie all washed down with a nice glass of red wine!

We have got the Christmas throws out of the shed, removed the gecko poo and washed them and Mr Boo was most appreciative of their snuggly feel.

He is slowly improving from whatever happened to him the other week.  He has now finished his course of antibiotics and although he sneezes a little now it is nothing like it was earlier in the week when it was almost preventing him from eating.  The only trouble is he is not a cat to moan or complain when he is poorly and in the past you would never know that he was unwell at first glance.  We shall return to the vets with him on Monday if there is the slightest evidence that he still has an issue up his nose.

The nights are clearly getting cooler because for the first time in years we found Chivvy Pops and Minnie Mou snuggled up together on our bed.  When they were both little kittens they would always sleep together snuggling up really close and then the next winter they never even went near one another so it was rather sweet to see them like this tonight.

We had fresh hay tonight - it is great to be able to do the bedding and get it out on the line and dried and back on the bed the same day - we always sleep better with fresh hay.  Still only the summer-weight duvet with a throw on top - saving the 9.5 and then the two combined until the depths of winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.