Thursday 16 November 2017

Weekend...

The weekend was a bit of a write-off for us weatherwise - happily most of the rain/thunder/lightning happened during the night but it was quite chilly.


Saturday did not start well - the weather meant we got up far too early and it was only partially light in the kitchen when we went to feed the cats - it was my turn for food and John's turn for coffee.

I chopped up the liver for the cats and put the chopping board and knives in the sink, I turned back to put some other bits in the sink and then oh my days there was a bloody great tarantula doing a tap dance on my knives!!!

I don't mind them too much but I don't want them doing my washing up for me so John got a pint pot and managed to capture said spider and let him loose to live another day.

As the weather was none too nice and as I had everything I needed for the meals over the weekend we decided to stay in and kick about around the house and do some bits and pieces.

I love my new rug - it is exactly what I was looking for and didn't cost an arm and a leg.  I am mega impressed by the company which is located in Sweden for the price they charged and the time it took.  John likes it too, so much so that he wants to replace some of the other rugs in the conservatory with one long one.

We spent some time looking at the website for CarpetVista and its outlet website RugVista and found one we liked.  I shall be waiting for the sales again to try and find one for under the dining room table.  The conservatory is probably the some of the best money we have spent on this house, we use the space as much as we can before it gets too cold in the winter - we do have a new space heater which we got last year and which seemed pretty effective but our electricity production has been somewhat hit by the poor weather conditions so far in November!

Despite the poor weather we are continuing with the pool even though it is just a quick dip in and out - to be fair the thought of doing it is worse than actually doing it and then afterwards you feel fabulous - seriously - your skin glows and your circulation improves!  John says it would appear to give me perkier boobs cheeky sod!  but I have to admit I am sporting quite a fine pair in the photograph!  My chest might be looking good but my hair is a different matter - I can only put it down to the weather - it is like fine fluff and I can't do anything with it.


Our very lazy day involved some ham egg and chips at home - John had contemplated going to the Turtle Tavern like he did the other week for a pint and some lunch but I promised him that I would rustle some up at home and he didn't take much persuading!  Our lazy day was rounded off by snuggling down to watch some TV and then have a spot of 'picky' tea.

Saturday night's weather was appalling - we woke at around 3.30am as it sounded like someone was throwing grit at the windows and then everytime there was a glitch in the electric the phone makes a noise and the pump goes off.  We gave Mum and Dad the option to cancel coming up for lunch if the weather didn't improve as nothing I was cooking would spoil.

Even though it looked like the middle of winter outside I was determined to still go into the pool - John thought I was bonkers but having gone in - in a different swimsuit just in case people think that I am recyling the same photos every day - he wasn't to be outdone and went in as well.  We had thought ahead and put the immersion on so that we could have a lovely hot shower when we got out followed by some hot buttery crumpets whilst we waited for Mum and Dad to arrive.

We had a nice lunch - everyone seemed to enjoy the sausage casserole and mashed potato with veggies - just the right comfort food for this type of weather.  This was followed by a spiced pear and ginger crumble with custard. 

I was surprised it didn't snow this evening as I won the Noms challenge!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.