Friday 19 January 2018

Feeling hot hot hot...



OK so my female friends of a certain age will be able to relate to the cartoons!!!!

Poor John, I had taken the opportunity of getting our bedding washed yesterday and back on the bed but I decided I could no longer cope with the quilted throw so put it away and replaced it with what he would only describe as a wafer-thin throw.  We are in January and we haven't even had the winter weight duvet on yet, nor have we resorted to hot water bottles nor electric blanket - our heating bills are the only thing to benefit from this!!!!  During the course of the night John had gradually managed to commandeer said duvet so that he was no longer freezing thus leaving me with the wafer, which of course didn't bother me but wedged either side of me and both weighing like a ton weight were Charlie and Boris - I was the meat in their feline sandwich and so firmly trapped that I couldn't move to throw my legs out and cool them down.  This makes me feel slightly panicky as my internal thermometer begins to rise.  The only way of getting them to move is to do the breakfast run and to be fair it was my turn so I managed to extract myself and the minute I got to the bedroom door they both shot through the bedroom window and beat me to the food bowls.

We have made a rod for our own backs by pandering to our feline four.  They all have their own idiosyncrasies in the dietary department.  Charlie eats everything except cat treats and he eats double portions of everything which is why he now struggles to get through the catflap.  Boris eats raw pigs liver for preference but biscuits if there is nothing else.  Chivers is the gentleman and waits patiently for his bowl to be brought to him - he is fussy, he will sniff something and ignore it on one day then sniff the same thing and eat it another but he will always eat biscuits so we aren't really to worried about his and he LOVES LOVES LOVES treats and appears like clockwork every morning around 10.00am for his stick treat.

Minnie is Miss Fusspot because she will only eat raw pigs liver and then only if it is fresh and cut to a certain size and even worse she prefers to eat it in one of three spots outside either outside the sliding door of the conservatory or on the window sill or preferably up on her seat in the Eagles Nest which is impossible for me to reach!  She looks down at me as if I am a moron.  I have to leave her food in the window sill and never ever look at her whilst she is eating.  Life was much simpler when Paps stocked a cheap and cheerful pouch catfood called Best In which they would all eat without any problem but it hasn't been on the shelves for months and we just haven't been able to find a regular replacement.

Our day together at home and a dry day at that meant that John and I could sort out our main woodstore to see exactly where we were in the wood stakes.

We have a lot of what John calls 'guff' which burns and is great for starting off the fire but having done the tidy we don't have a huge amount of big logs.  We think if the weather continues as it has been we will be more than fine for the remainder of this winter and then we will get some more in so that it can be drying in readiness.

Tidying is cathartic and is all part of my New Year New You offensive as apparently people are happier if their lives are clean and clutter free.  I am spurred on to tackle more cupboards and find more stuff that can be donated to the charity shop where mum works.  I know I will regret some of it but once it is gone it is gone.


Thought I would post the picture above which was some mould or something growing between two planks of wood that we moved to dry out and ultimately burn.  It was fascinating and perfectly formed and it seemed a shame to destroy it.

We had thought about going down to the hotel for a drink to show our faces for the first time in 2018 and hoped Di and Rob might be able to join us although we hadn't given them much notice.  We had planned to eat at Fitos this evening but it isn't open until next week.  We decided to give going out a miss and lit the fire and settled down to a film.  My choice and a must for ginger cat keepers (not owners as you cannot own a cat) A Street Cat named Bob - a lovely film and I really enjoyed it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.