Wednesday 14 February 2018

That explains it all!!!!

Today, having read the Daily Mail, I realise I have a mental condition - John says he could have told me that having been married to me nearly 30 years but he was joking and I was not - at last I have an explanation as to why I (a) hate going to public performances like the cinema, theatre or concert because I am irrationally irritated by the noises other people make around me - and don't get me started on eating bloomin' nachos in my vicinity and (b) I cannot stand it if I hear people flicking their fingernails or tapping and I am constantly moaning at John about him doing that but worse (c) the sound of people eating drives me to distraction and again John gets the brunt of this because he is the only one that I feel able to complain to.  Now I know that my brain is over sensitive to these things because I suffer from something called Misophonia and it is real and it is recognised and I am not the only one.  It doesn't make it any easier for me to try and ignore these sounds but now I know why they bother me so much and not others around me.


Charlie aka Fat-Lad is a bit off colour at the moment - it coincided with John and I putting some earwash in his lugholes as he was scratching a lot and they didn't look awfully clean.  How do we know he is unwell?  He doesn't rush to the food bowl at every given opportunity and he just looks everso slightly sorry for himself.  He has put on so much weight over the winter that he struggles to get in and out of the catflap and often waits for the door to be opened rather than squeeze his bulk through.  Hopefully this lethargy will be a temporary thing but the couple of days eating less will do him no harm.


We travelled down to Paphos today with John going to try out Badminton after a long lay-off - it was a glorious day just as we approached the funny commune place near Pikni Forest we came across this interesting mode of transport which looked to be a complete home on wheels - a mash-up of a gypsy caravan and an old Bedford bus with extra racks welded left right and Chelsea - down the sides it was jazzed up with hand paintings of bees and butterflies - heading for the commune no doubt!!!


We stopped off in Peyia to do our recycling - it is the first week in February and the temperature was 23 degrees.  The days have a real warmth about them and it makes everything and everyone seem better.  We really feel like we have come out of the other side of Winter and are looking forward to what this year will bring.

I played pickleball and John managed to play badminton - I will, no doubt hear about every ache, pain and strain later this evening but I can cope with that as long as he isn't flicking his fingernails or eating!!!


Our return trip home was strange not least because there seemed to be a fug hanging over Paphos (this is not my photo nor actually of yesterday afternoon but it will give you an idea of what I mean).  As we drove up the hill away from the conurbation we could see that the fug was sitting in the valleys like a low cloud - this is one of the famous sandstorms that we get at this time of year for a couple of days.  On arrival at Droushia it appeared that we had avoided this and the electricity generation for today would bear this out.

We had picked up some lamb dish, roast potatoes and apple pie from the bakery for the grand sum of about 7 euros and can confirm that it was delicious.  We had to wait to eat it as Nickola the hairdresser and her husband Nath were coming up to buy our coffee table.  A couple are coming for the sideboard tomorrow so that will be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.