Thursday 19 April 2018

Lovely weather


This is what sunrise looks like in Droushia at the moment - this is about 6.45am and it heralds another beautiful day and it is only the second week of April.  It is incredibly warm for this time of year so warm it feels like Summer.  I can remember coming to April with my friend Hilary several years ago and we dodged the showers and chased the sun and when we moved over and our furniture arrived in June we had rain!  The island is going to suffer for water this year at this rate.


I saw my first Roller today too, this seems incredibly early - I reckon we will hear the unmistakable sound of Bee Eaters soon.  I hope John is enjoying some better weather in the UK.  I know he will hope for a fine day tomorrow when he goes to watch the Blades play!


The cats seem to be finding it warm as they are retreating to the bedrooms where it is cooler.  Boris has become my shadow - he seems to realise that John is not around so he comes onto bed with me at night and lies down my side so that I do not feel alone bless him - he does not realise that after 27 years of John being away in the Navy a couple of nights alone isn't normally too difficult but I appreciate his cuddles none the less.

Pickleball was good today - just five of us and we had some mammoth games - poor mum had to sit out one where we had deuce after deuce after deuce but we all enjoyed ourselves and afterwards Di and I went back with Mum to have a cuppa and a biscuit with her before returning to Droushia.

I had been invited out for supper with our neighbours and we were going to Fitos.  I am so glad that I booked a table because, even though we went early, it was packed.  The evening did not quite turn out as planned because Argy's brother and sister-in-law pitched up unexpectedly and they are not on the best of terms so it was a little awkward to say the least.  It didn't detract from the food which was good and although there was only Fitos and his son serving they did really well.

Early start tomorrow as I have arranged to take Mum out in the morning and then for a spot of lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.