Tuesday 8 May 2018

Ladies lunch...


I hate it when I don't type up my blog pretty much straight away because my brain is considerably less effective than that of a goldfish nowadays, nothing sticks anymore.  So here I am on a Friday trying to remember what I was doing the day before yesterday!  That is why I take so many photographs they help trigger my memory!


So this morning, not to be outdone, John decided he was going to have a go at doing a painting for Sally.  This came about because he decided to give me some of his invaluable advice on how I should tackle my own yesterday and that did my head in because, let's be fair, I am the one that went to classes at night-school and the one who has learned so much from Sheila and my Monday art mornings.  "How difficult can it be to copy a photograph?" I was asked - well let me tell you it is considerably more difficult than you might think and working with water colours can be tricky - if you aren't careful you can end up with a muddy mess if you don't apply your colours in the right order or take into account how 'wet' or 'dry' your paint might be.


I left him to it and then took over when he reluctantly admitted defeat and did my best to rectify the picture - those familiar with watercolours will know that you normally work from light to dark and don't use white but in this case needs must and in order to give this crab some realistic colour those rules went out of the window - the end result is ok and will be packed away in the case and given to Sally for her to do with as she wishes.

It being the first Wednesday of the month I was attending the Ladies Lunch which was to be held at the Hotel for the final time this side of summer.

We were a small group this month - lots of people are away probably taking advantage of some more reasonably priced flights before the silly season starts.  Mum was missed and she would have pleased that everyone asked after her.  She couldn't make it this week - Margaritha her trusty Nissan Note has been being given a facelift and was due to be returned to her today which thankfully it was!

The Hotel was full of the most beautiful flower arrangements - I don't know who does them - I have a sneaky feeling that it is probably Yiota who did the flowers on the tables when we had a drink at the hotel after Dad's funeral.

It was a nice lunch - with fewer people it is easier to get around and speak to everyone.  Jane brought a really nice lady called Eileen from Arodes - she has been before but sat so far away from me I never got the chance to say hello so I rectified that this afternoon.

Next month Sheila is planning that we eat at Finnikas - yee ha - I shall most definitely be at that one because I love Marina's food.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.