Saturday 23 June 2018

Friday - bbq!


This morning I had a bit of an emergency appointment at the dentists because I have had some pain where I had the first two fillings done a couple of months' back.  I parked up at the municipal car-park and walked through the gardens where civic weddings take place in Peyia.  It really is a lovely spot with the old church and the little gazebo positioned under the shade of some trees.  I photographed Elaine's wedding to Paul there several years ago and then Rebecca's son's wedding more recently.

The lovely Dr Haris saw me and x-ray'd my teeth/gum and prodded about and then assured me that there was no infection and no abscess for which I am very grateful.  He recommended that I invested in a sonic tootbrush (he doesn't sell them so has no vested interest in what I purchase) and said that this would help keep the pland aque under control.  He then cleaned my teeth and polished off a bit of filling that he thought might be stopping me get the brush round properly, said his goodbyes and told me I owed him nothing - RESULT!!


We had pickleball today and it was blooming hot so I found a novel use for the cooling towel my sister had given me - I know I am rarely in front of the camera and looking at this photograph you can see why!!!  Certainly not my finest hour!!!


This evening we were having Kim and Steve around for a barbeque.  I had been to Paps and collared my favourite butcher Valentin and got four of the biggest pork chops we have ever seen - John was worried that he wasn't going to be able to get them cooked properly but they were a triumph - the spare rib bit was crispy and caramelised and the eye of the chop moist and lovely.  We had pastourma and lamb's liver and halloumi with a Greek salad, coleslaw, red pepper salad, beetroot and orange, dips and olives and some lovely new Cyprus potatoes.


It was a beautiful balmy evening - no condensation or evening damp tonight so we sat outside till late with an inter-forces chess championship happening between Steve and John.  We finished our meal with a platter of fresh fruit - there is so much in season at the moment.  Once again we had a lovely evening.  It is good to see that Steve seems to be improving since he arrived.  They want to show us where they used to live near Limassol so we have penciled that into the diary - no rush as they are here for 3 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.