Friday 20 July 2018

Tuesday...


We had a lovely evening last night celebrating Diana's birthday and I think the combination of a bit of wine and a Mojito meant that I slept a little better than I have done of late. We had a slow start to the day before going down to Polis as John had physio.  He had sorted out some things for charity and I got him to stop at the Stray Haven one so that I could drop the things off and then walk from there through town to Paps where I would do our shopping and meet John in there.

There is a new shop in the square - well new to me - it is called Blue Oyster Gifts.

I asked the guy inside, who introduced himself as Drew, if he minded if I took some photographs explaining that they would appear on my blog not that I was going to steal his intellectual property!  He was more than happy for me to do so and chatted to me explaining about the items that were on sale.  I chose a little gift to give to Clare in the village as it is her birthday on Saturday and she had invited John and I to a birthday barbeque but I explained that we keep Sundays free for Mum so wouldn't be able to come.  She fully understood and as she will be in the village until late August there will be plenty of time to catch up.

I was in search of a couple of special birthday cards so went down to the shop where Sheila works and found something in there.  I could make them myself but to be honest it is just too blooming hot at the moment to get my craft stuff out.

I walked slowly back to Paps as I didn't have a great deal to buy - we seem to be out an awful lot this week so don't need too much food in the house.  I like Polis it is a pretty traditional little town with a nice friendly feel.

There are some really interesting buildings hidden and this little house is squeezed between a shop and the temporary Co-Op bank opposite Mara Fessa's shop.  It is a pretty little place and I bet it is fascinating inside.

I had a right old mooch and then did my shopping - it is getting busier in Paps as there are more holidaymakers around.  John joined me shortly after and we completed our shop and made our way  home via the bakery where we got a well-earned Chino as a treat for our journey back.

We did very little until it cooled slightly and then I tackled some of the garden which is looking sun weary and a bit sad and I want it to look nice for when Hazel comes - just over a week and I am so excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.