Sunday 9 December 2018

A new week...


You can tell from the picture above that it must be Monday and it is Monday and Monday means art.  Before art John and I usually go and have a chat with Dad.  I need to go to the cemetery with some secateurs because the chrysanthemum that Aunty Joyce and Uncle David put there needs to have all the dead flowers removed and then it will look better.  I shall try and get down there on Wednesday morning before I got out to celebrate Sonia's birthday at the winery.  Anyway I digress.  Back to this morning and I am continuing to work on my study of pomegranates.  The photograph I am working from isn't brilliant so I have been taking things with me to work from like a real pomegranate and a nut and a stick of cinnamon although I never got round to the nut and the cinnamon today!!  Sheila and I are uncertain as to what the green thing is behind the half pomegranate - it looks a bit like a melon but if it is then it is a bloody small one!!!!


It was a nice morning - Sheila is working on a picture of a buffalo which is coming along really well as you can see.  If you want to learn more about Sheila hop across to her blog which is full of interesting bits of information about Sheila, her art and her life.  Klaus was a wizard in the kitchen and we had lovely meatballs, spiced red cabbage and new potatoes in a burnt butter sauce which was delicious.

There was a massive internet outage today seemingly island-wide.  This throws us all out of kilter as we depend upon this service for delivering our TV, radio and messaging - strangely when I arrived at Sheila's they were still getting the radio coming through even though my phone said no internet available but it stopped sometime later and we had an outage again in the evening but not for too long that time but I was trying to do my blog at the time so it was really annoying.



Dip was venturing up to this end of the island and he and John were going to lunch but as luck would have it they were passing by on their way to Latchi when I had finished art so I hopped a ride with them in Dip's newly acquired motor a Pajero Pinin which he is in love with.  To be fair it is in tremendous nick for a vehicle which is 20 years old and it is the perfect vehicle for the island particularly if you are partial to a bit of off-roading.


It was warm down on the coast and I like it at this time of year because the bulk of the tourists have gone and there is a calm and peaceful feeling to the marina and there is no rush.  I just had a coffee but John and Dip both ate lunch and we enjoyed the sunshine, we are edging towards the end of November and we can still wear shorts and short sleeves, we don't have a duvet on the bed as yet and we have the gas fire on for a couple of hours in the evening but that is about it.

I helped Dip out by ordering him something from Amazon.  He is buying Nicky a present!  Apparently lugging a hoover up two flights of stairs is losing its appeal so in about a week's time she will be able to use a brand new Vax which will be living in Dip and Karen's apartment.  Dip didn't realise that we can get stuff sent over from Amazon and that it would prove cheaper to do so than for him to pay excess baggage and bring with him when he next comes out which isn't till next year.


After Dip had gone and then come back because John had left his phone in the Pinin and then gone again we settled down to watch the end of the series we have been watching - Blood - it was broadcast on Channel 5 each night last week but we wanted to binge watch so did half last night and the remaining half tonight.  It was a good series and the ending wasn't quite as predictable as we had thought.

I am hoping that we might get a change to go do a little Christmas shopping tomorrow.  I have no idea what to get John but to be fair we are scaling things back this year because we have had quite a bit of expense and we are still waiting for the spare part for Kenny which hopefully will be the right one this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.