Monday 24 June 2019

all good things must come to an end...


Our first stop this morning was down to Kissonerga to meet up with Mum, Joyce and David at Arabica where we were all to have brunch, breakfast roll whatever so that they would be set up for their journey back to the UK - we had to get them to the airport at around 1.00.  Arabica is a favourite of the Bobster and Di and for 5 euros you can have a damn fine breakfast and good cup of coffee.  How nice is it that they ask you what strength you would like your coffee???  I opted for a sausage and bacon bap and a mug of black filter coffee and really enjoyed it.  Joyce  and David went for the small full English!!!


I reckon the drive to Paphos Airport is one of the prettiest you could wish for and particularly at this time of the year when the oleander is in full flower, pink and white and red.  We got Joyce and David to the airport in plenty of time and off loaded them.  They are still pretty positive that, all things being equal, they will return in October.  Bless them - they do so well for their ages and even though Uncle David still insists that his appetite is shrinking eats more than John some times!!!

We had to be back at Droushia for a site meeting at the Cemetery this afternoon.  They delivered some of the marble a couple of days ago but we had noticed that one of the pieces appeared to be cracked and didn't seem to be all the same colour.  Garry from Angel Guardians came up to meet us along with the guy tasked with doing the marble work.  We ironed out some issues and hopefully the work will start in earnest next week and to our specification now that we know each plot in the cemetery is allocated 147 centimeters width rather than the rather haphazard approach it has had up until now.  Fingers crossed.

I spent some time this afternoon getting my clothes ready to pack which I must do tomorrow as I am flying on Thursday.

I decided I should do a little gardening to make John's life as easy as possible whilst I am away because he is panicking about keeping things going.

Some things have really benefited from the weather we had over the winter - the Australian Bottle Brush which John's Mum gave me several years ago is an absolute picture - I have never seen it look so beautiful.  The jasmine has been fabulous but is going over and there have been so many blooms but it is time to give it a drastic haircut to prevent it from becoming woody at the bottom, anyway the vine (which is behind) can begin to take its place and grow up and over the gazebo.

John is having a lesson on what will need watering whilst I am away - I only do the pots so he has been taken on a guided tour this evening to see where everything is - I have told him that as a rule of thumb I count to 10 when I am watering and if he does that every day or even every other day then things should survive.

All the house plants have been put together in one place in the conservatory and they should be fine or at least I hope they will be.

This last picture is of my new hosta - I have wanted one of them in the garden ever since we came but it isn't a plant I have seen here before and then the other day there were some in London Road and then blow me Lidl had some for sale.  Mum got me this from Lidl and it is lovely.  I shall transplant into a bigger pot in the Autumn but I am hopeful that by putting on top of the one which is upside down it will deter the slugs from using it as a restaurant.

I went away this time last year for a couple of weeks and John managed so hopefully he will do so again this time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.