Thursday 18 July 2019

Another brick in the wall...

Wooooooo hooooooo today I back to art after a break.  Thank goodness I finished my previous picture of the Clematis Flower before I went away otherwise I would have forgotten what I was meant to be doing.  On the other hand this did mean I had to find a new subject matter so this time I have chosen a seed head from a poppy - yes I know this will not be everyone's choice but I thought it might be interesting.

Prior to art I went to check on Dad's grave to make sure it had withstood the ravages of the weather yesterday which thankfully it had.  Sheila and Klaus had got some of their sockets knocked out in the storm - which some have described as turning into a mini tornado.  John and I had popped an extension lead down yesterday so that Sheila and I could have sufficient light for art today.

It was good to be back to a normal Monday and to catch up with Sheila and Klaus.  On my way there I had noticed that the owners of 4a were there starting doing it up and I thought I ought to say Hello.  As I made my introduction she said "I know who you are Jill" and it turned out that we knew one another through Elena and not only that but they are the couple who answered my advertisement for house-sitters for a house in the village where Jacqueline Thomson lived.  Her daughter Lucy wanted someone to stay there short term whilst the house is being prepared for sale following Jacqueline's death.  This is an ideal scenario for Andrea and John (and little boy Ben) as it allows them to live in the village whilst they are doing their own place up.


My afternoon was spent in the garden.  Bassam came today and the bigger of the two walls is finished so John spent ages cleaning the stone and I spent my time clearing up and clipping back which included halving the ivy which has grown to the top of the aluminium fencing this year and which we think looks better only growing up to the top of the brick wall leaving the fencing in view.


John has worked like a trojan and was sporting what appears to be a broken little finger today having trapped it between two big stones.  We can now just about begin to see the wood from the trees and are spurred on to thet this, and other, projects completed before Hazel comes towards the end of July.  That is the trouble with DIY - when you make an improvement you can see where other improvements are required.  To be fair we haven't done a big project like this in ages and it is quite exciting when you see the fruits of your labour and you are happy with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.