Sunday 14 July 2019

The second great wall of Droushia begins...

Monday

I realise that my blog is now some weeks behind which was not really my intention but with the events of the past couple of weeks it seemed either inappropriate or impossible to blog.  So I want to get on track a bit more and will lump together some posts on days when there is not too much to report although I don't know exactly when that is going to be because just at the moment life is something of a roller coaster.  This week sees the commencement of the building of the great wall of Droushia.  Bassam is coming to clad our salami coloured, weather-proofed walls after the disaster with the Dulux WeatherShield.  We have opted for what we hope will be an attractive permanent solution which should make the house warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer.  It is not a cheap option but then neither was the paint and look how that turned out.




No art this week which was just as well as I am Bassam and John's gofer and I am trying to get our overgrown garden into some semblance of order plus I had to take Boris down to the vets because he has been sneezing more and more, particularly when he eats, and we are sure he has something stuck up his nose.  He has been like this once before after a fight but on examination the vet Susana is concerned because his teeth are in very poor condition and he shows signs of being anaemic which is odd because he eats a lot of liver.  She wants to do test to find out why and worryingly this includes testing for cat flu and feline aids.  In order to sort him our he is going to have to have an overnight stay down at the other practise.  I just hope it is something straight-forward poor boy.

I had invited Di and Rob round for a drink this evening as we haven't seen them for a while and are desperate to catch up with them and discuss their trip to the UK, Charlton's promotion and life in general.  It was lovely to do so although we had planned to sit outside and then couldn't as it suddenly turned very chilly all of a sudden.

An update on my Aunt - she is busy trying to build her strength up in order to have an operation.  She remains positive and when I sent her a picture of the wall being clad she announced that she would see in in person in October and I blooming well hope she does.

Tuesday

I had a trip to Paphos today to take Mum to sort out the payment of her tax.  I feared there might be an issue with my bank card which might prevent us doing so but in the end it was fine and even better I had spotted an error which meant that Mum's bill was about half what it had been estimated.  Good job I had gone with her because she says she doubted whether she would have realised until it was too late and as we know it is a darn sight harder to get money out of the Tax Department than to pay it in!!

I took the opportunity to get my haircut before checking in on Boris who is not so good as it appears he has a hole in his nasal cavity between his nostrils along with some other issues although not, thankfully, flue or aids.  On my return Bassam and John had worked so hard that most of the big Wall is covered.  They will have a few days' rest now and they deserve it - work recommences on Saturday providing Bassam's children don't need him as their taxi.


We had to go back down to the vets to collect Boo.  Although the vet is reasonably happy with him she did not have a camera which could completely check his nose so he is still sneezing but she did manage to get his teeth cleaned but he has a cavity in one which she could not remove because he is very anaemic and he has an infection which needs to be cleared up.  He was super drowsy from the anaesthetic and very unhappy so John and I had to cat-sit with him to ensure he didn't injure himself trying to move around with very very wobbly back legs.


Poor poor Boris was really not himself and so I opted to sleep in the spare bedroom with him because we needed to keep him confined indoors and he was so unsteady on his feet that even getting on and off the bed was proving to be too much for him.  We were both knackered so John slept in our room and I tried to settle Boo.

Boo managed to snooze for a bit and then started sneezing and crying and wandering around.  I quickly realised that he probably wanted to go to the toilet but didn't want to use the litter tray.  Susana said we should expect him to pee loads but nothing seemed to be happening in that direction which was a worry.  At 5.00am he eventually gave in and used the tray for both pee (a lot) and poo (smelly) and then went on the bed and fell sound asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.