Friday 9 September 2011

Mission Accomplished...

Having stayed overnight at Emba (it being quiz night and all that) John and I went off to the chaos that is Paphos General Hospital to see if they would take my blood.

A&E reception sent me off to the blood department but I only managed to find the place where you book in for blood tests and that apparently closes at 9.00am although there was a bulldog of a woman behind the glass counter that steadfastly ignored me...

...an English woman passing by suggested I asked at Triage (back at the A&E Reception area) so I went there and Triage directed me through the doors into A&E. There an official looking woman in a white coat directed me back to bloods and the bulldog who eventually spoke to me and directed me 'next door' - now next door looked very closed to John and I although we could see into a reception area but that only seemed accessible by walking through what looked like a doctors consulting room - which we duly did!

We could see then that we were in the right place although the first woman I spoke to seemed to go off to get me a form and then went back to sit at her desk leaving me none the wiser - eventually a lady doctor pitched up and gave me the form - as a good old Brit I filled it in and duly waited for her to return - silly really as all the others giving blood just wandered into the room where it was all happening so in the end I decided to do the same and just sat myself down on a bed - the only woman giving blood in amongst half a dozen Greek Cypriot guys - I guess they see this as a 'macho' thing to do!

My blood pressure was taken and I was declared perfect 120/80!!!

I duly gave my blood - the doctor told me that there has been a general appeal for all blood types as the hospital is very low - I guess it being holiday season there has been a drain on the resources.

I was ushered out to the waiting room where John was nursing my handbag - I sipped my super super strong lemon squash and washed down a very limp rich tea biscuit before leaving.

Threading our way through the chaos of cars (Cypriots must always park as close as possible to their destination) I felt glad I had been of service. Lets hope my O Neg goes to a good cause.

Picking up Janet and Alan later for a BBQ at Emba - report will follow tomorrow.

For those of you that are interested I leave today's blog with a couple of photographs which I took at the wedding on Tuesday. 

I hope that Jonathan and Donna like the pictures that I took - I am sure they will be able to find one from the 285 I gave them!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.