Tuesday, 10 July 2012

Deb's Last Day...

After all the excitement of the last couple of days today, being Debra's last day, was a quiet one at leisure at home.  Debra didn't have to be at the airport until about 8.30pm so it left us with the whole day to ourselves.  It may have been a short visit but we had packed a lot in and not got under one another's feet!!  So after a well earned lie-in after the excesses of the previous day we were all feeling a little fragile so an early morning dip was the order of the day.  A dip and some last minute photographs!!
Mum and Dad came up to join us in the afternoon - Dad hasn't seen Debra for about 30 years!!!  We managed to squeeze in the Federer Djokovik Wimbledon semi-final before getting ready to go out to Yianni's for an early meal before setting off for the airport. 
Debra has treated herself to a new suitcase from Paps which she wanted to use for her hand luggage so it meant a bit of a juggle of her stuff to make sure she complied with regulations but she made it in the end.

We had yet another good meal - Debra chose to have sea bass and she said it was delicious - after a week of over indulgence I was just about fooded out so opted for a starter only but my favourite of eggs and courgette (green eggs). We had regular updates from my sister on the Murray Tsonga match as both Mum and Debra are great Tennis fans.  We took our 'privvy' purse which contained the remnants of Debra and our joint funds and which held just enough to pay for all our meals (including Mum and Dad).   I had to do a quick change at the restaurant when John decided to juggle a glass of red wine across the table in my direction.  I wasn't awfully amused as I had been wearing a really nice white top for the first time and it is usually me that does the juggling and he always gives me a hard time!

All too soon we had to get on the road and make our way to the airport.  The roads were relatively empty and so we got there in good time.  Check-in was pretty painless and so there was just time for some fond farewells before seeing Debra through departures.  Just a bit of juggling required to get her handbag into her new hand luggage!

I will now have to spend a few hours to sort out the photographs and post them onto Dropbox for Debra and to catch up on the blog which is likely to be a bit boring over the next few days as we are planning a period of nothingness!!  Except for watching the Wimbledon final on Sunday with Mum and Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment