Wednesday 6 December 2017

Winter is coming


Autumn/Winter is definitely here - the weather is changeable and when the sun shines it is lovely but when it rains boy does it rain - it is all or nothing here - we don't get that light refreshing summer rain, we get torrents and torrents and up here in the hills it is currently mixed with sleet and hail.  I can't believe how lucky John's friend Amanda was when she was here recently.  She and Jay were lucky enough to enjoy what seems to be the last of the settled weather.


I had to start a new picture today and I had been waiting for Mike to contact me to tell me what sort of thing he wanted for his new home but he did so after I had arrived at Sheila's with my latest project in hand.  Unfortunately my printer ran out of coloured ink mid print but I took a photograph on my phone so I know what I am aiming for.  This is another rather twee afternoon tea type study with a lot of detail which should keep me busy for a while.

Back home John enjoyed the Katimeri which Marianna sent me home with yesterday.  Fundamentally this is a cold sweet pancake cut into pieces.  I have managed to find a simple recipe and I shall be making some of these in due course.

Actually if you follow the link to the recipe it will take you to a very interesting website and blog called Cypriot Loud and Proud and there is all sorts of interesting bits of information on there which I will be digging into when next organising a Droushian Day Out or looking for somewhere new to eat.


On the subject of rain this is what we had this morning - it has highlighted that there is a blockage somewhere in the water butt - probably caused by some snails up to no good in the pipes - this has been put on the list for the next day we are at home and it is dry.

Belly dancing this week seemed tougher than normal - lots of hip action which completely flummoxes me and I seem totally unable to add any sort of hand movement - if I do everything goes pear shaped.  Still I love it - I know I am rubbish but I love it.  If you google very bad belly dancers there is nothing, and I mean nothing that comes even close to what I manage to produce!!!


John did not go to badminton yesterday - he actually stayed in and rested his leg which is still not 100% and with the weather so miserable I don't think he fancied turning out of the house. Even down in Paphos the weather has been bad - Mum and Dad's front garden is knee deep in rain water and the skies were grey and threatening and although it doesn't look like it the sea was extremely rough.  I was glad to get home before it got too bad although I did pass through some lightning en route.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.