Tuesday 23 January 2018

Doing a Bobster...


We had rain in the night and thunderstorms and several damp cats visiting us!  When we woke this morning a slightly soggy Mr Boo came in and tried to get in bed - that really is a step too far - he was summarily despatched but even after a severe toweling down he still insisted on trying.  When I got up to do the cat feeding and coffee run it was a miserable day with rolling mists and heavy rain.


However about an hour later what a difference - the skies had cleared and the sun was shining - how different the garden looks.  We have to take advantage of these sunny days because a coptic storm is forecast for later this week and El Kibira is a large feeder gale - not sure what a large feeder gale is or what it is feeding but it doesn't sound good.


I had arranged to pop by and see Elaine this morning having recently learned that she is giving up the Herb Garden in Akourdaleia.  She was definitely the right person to try and turn what had been a working herb garden into a pleasant place to sit and enjoy a cup of tea and a slice of cake but it wasn't to be and apparently that area of Akourdaleia is soon to be cobbled like neighbouring Kathikas and through traffic will be diverted away from the village so the Herb Garden was going to be without any trade for some time - you clearly cannot run a business like that.


I took the road down from Kathikas passing my favourite holiday let which is now surrounded by the yellow flowers of mustard or rape or whatever it is that they are growing.  Everything looks lush and green particularly as a storm had just passed through.  I was glad to find Elaine in good spirits, free of the worry and the tie of the garden and now able to concentrate on her own again (once the weather allows).


I did a Bobster on the way home chosing to go through Kritou Tera which is far more scenic and probably not a lot further and brings me out directly opposite the concrete road on the edge of the village.  The Church of Panagia Chryeleousa was looking lovely in the sunshine and I passed a couple of people who were foraging although I am not sure what for as it is too early for asparagus so maybe mushrooms.


Negotiating my way around the narrow streets of Kritou Terra I came across this sporty little number - I was well impressed with the paintwork and I am guessing that out and about in the wooded areas it really does get well camouflaged!  I carried on making my way home - not seeing another soul en route.


We had our tea all sorted - we were having the remainder of the chicken from Sunday so I had nothing really to prepare.  John fancied watching a film so we looked to see if we could find Gary Oldman in the Darkest Hour and were successful.  This was a dark film in that the 'action' took place in dark rooms with atmospheric lighting and Churchill's speech was sometimes difficult to understand with a big fat cigar still in his mouth but it was excellent and I learned a lot about that moment in history that I hadn't appreciated - that is assuming that the screenplay remained reasonably faithful to the truth.


We then watched a second film which we had picked out from the Film Guide of last week's TV guide - this one was The Lincoln Lawyer and I really enjoyed this one too - I am not a natural film watcher so it is quite difficult to fine one film I like let alone two!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.