Saturday 13 July 2019

Getting back into the swing...

I have posted two posts today...

It is taking me a while to get back into the swing of things - really I could have done with a a few days of doing nothing but we have friends wanting to see us (Laura, Mark and Gramps yesterday and Mike today) and we have the walls being stone-clad starting next week and I need to to with Mum to sort out payment of her tax on Tuesday and John and I have to go to the Court on Friday to lodge our wills!!!

Whilst I was away Dad's memorial finally got completed and we had been to get some plants yesterday to go in the planter to finish it off completely.  We have chosen succulents which should withstand most weather conditions and will flower during the day and shut up at night.  It has taken a while but now it is done and it is one less thing for Mum to have to think about.  I think he would have been happy with the end result.  I am hopeful that the plants we dug up will survive.  Mum has some in her garden and I will be putting the ones I have potted up in the front garden after the wall has been completed.

It is Sunday and Mum was coming up so I have made a banana cake in readiness and this week we were being joined by Liselotte and John who had offered to have mum round to theirs to give me a bit of a break but I thought it might be easier if I did the meal because I know exactly what Mum likes and doesn't like and so I erred on the side of caution and opted for Hunter's Chicken, wedges and coleslaw and a fresh fruit salad for those who didn't want the banana cake.

I was flitting about trying to get my arse into gear when we were greeted by rumblings of thunder - WHAAAAAAT????? In the end, and most surprisingly, Droushia avoided any storm but Latchi didn't by all accounts.  That was good because I had planned for us all to eat outside and that we managed to do although it was rather close and muggy as a result of the weather.

We had a nice lunch and a rather riotous game of Noms - we played to our house rules which Liselotte's John just couldn't comprehend but that didn't stop him winning although neither he nor we know how that happened.

There has been an update on my Aunty - apparently she now has to build her strength up sufficiently in order to have a fighting chance at a good recovery from an operation to remove the mass - whenever that is going to be.

Liselotte and John returned home followed shortly afterwards by Mum and we had no sooner said goodbye to them than Mike came along to say his goodbyes.  I can't believe that I missed him being here as well as the Pamments.

Unusually we had immediate neighbours last night as Gregoris and Dora's son Stavros came with his girlfriend and dropped off some tablets for the pool.  Apparently he had been at something going on at the Droushia Heights Hotel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.