Saturday 30 July 2011

Day 89...

A short post today because later on we are going (along with 4,998 others) to the wedding of Xaroula and Panayiotis which is down in Paphos.  Full post on all the events will follow tomorrow.

I must have had a bang on the head during the night as I woke up and decided (even though it is well over 30 degrees inside) that I would do some ironing.  Either that or it was guilt,  guilt because my laundry basket is full to overflowing and poor John roots around inside and pulls out some creased and crumpled garment and wistfully looks at me and says "do you think I can get away with wearing this without ironing it?" and then he stoically gets out the ironing board and iron and does the job himself.  I have always maintained that that is one of the plus sides to marrying a man in the military - and believe me John does hold the highest honour for his ironing skills.  A couple of times of putting tram lines down his uniform sleeves and he soon took the iron off of me!!

So here I am caught in the act and please dont mention the bingo wings!!  Before you ask if that pink top is the only thing I have to wear (because I seem to be in it all the time) let me tell you that if you are going to get hot and sweaty you really dont want to wear anything too much so what started out as my Wii fit attire will now be Wii fit and ironing and it washes and dries in seconds - and doesnt need ironing!!!

I was getting on quite well until John stuck his head in the window and asked if it would be rude of him to give me some tips on ironing shirts.  Lets just say he beat a hasty retreat otherwise he would have found the Proelectric Steam Station shoved up his a**e!

As I say if he thinks he can do it better (which he can) then he will have to do it himself - me I am going to resort to clothes that dont require ironing just like Mrs Spears - what a great idea that is!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.