Friday 25 November 2011

Just Another Day in Our Lives...

Minnie Mou has found the olive tree and shows no fear at all climbing although the look on her face as she lost her footing and plummeted down was quite funny!!!  My poor old solar lights are getting a right hammering and I have to check each night whether or not they are still functioning.

We are convinced that Minnie Mou has a hearing problem as we get very little reaction from her when we make a noise whereas Chivers is all ears and comes to call.  John has been reading up on tintyweb about what to do and we have a concoction of green tea and tea tree oil to squirt down her ears and massage in.  It cant do any harm and hopefully will shift all the crap that is down in the ear canal.  It is a problem for poor feral kittens who spend time outside and get a mite infestation.

I have been crafting this week and having finished the origami heart I had to find something else to do, so decided to paint some Christmas cards.  They were, what I would call, happy accidents as I couldn't reproduce them if I tried!!!  The group were well impressed and want me to hold a Christmas Card making workshop in the New Year so that we can recycle our Christmas Cards.  

Our group is having a day trip out next week to Limassol - it should be an experience!!  The plan is fluid (great that means no-one has a plan).  Apparently first of all we are going to Jumbo which sells everything and is a bit like The Range and then we are lunching somewhere (Ocean Basket has been mentioned or Debenhams salad bar) and then we are going to a mosaic workshop as most of the crafters produce mosaics.  I will report back next week.

For the first time since we moved over here John came down with me to play pickle-ball as we were short on numbers.  We had just four which means that we dont get much of a rest!  Bearing in mind that Jeff and Mum are in their 70s they gave us a run for our money I can tell you. We arrived early so we played for about two hours rather than the normal hour and a half.  

I have never found a sport that I enjoyed before so pickle-ball has been a revelation and I really enjoy it but Mum never ceases to amaze me that for a lady in her 70s she is such a wicked player.

After pickle-ball I went next door to Rosie and Dave's to get my hair cut for the first time since August and I so needed to have it done although for a short while I had toyed with the idea of growing it.  I was a bit perturbed when Rosie said she needed to put her glasses on as she was recovering from a cataract operation!  Apparently both she and Dave had been to Larnaca this week for eye operations, Rosie for her cataract and Dave for having his eyes lasered to improve his eyesight.

We had been invited to Eileen's for a meal and had a lovely evening - a meal of beef casserole followed by apple cake (we had to take the recipe home as John was keen to make one for himself).

I was victorious playing domino 'trains' and we left feeling full and happy - an uneventful drive home avoiding the Police who were hiding by Dionysus Taverna in Stroumbi.

The kids had been on their own for hours so we stayed up and spent some time with them.  They are looking resplendent in their new collars which Laura sent to them in the post (along with a million and one other toys and treats for them for Christmas).  Thanks Laura - you have better things to think about at the moment as your dog Gethin (boxer) has just become a dad!!!




6 comments:

  1. Just researched Pickleball - sounds like the answer to my Badminton injury! Will put it in the back of my mind for our retirement to Cyprus - thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. if you are serious about wanting to learn about Pickleball let me know - new members are always welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will keep you to that - your blogs have convinced me that Cyprus is where we will retire when we can - hubby is so pleased I have seen the light! We are both so jealous of you both and enjoy your daily blogs - hope you keep it going

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad that you find the blog of interest - I try and find something new to write about every day and at the moment that is no hardship! It has been a great way to keep in contact with friends and family but looking at the statistics we are amazed that people all over the world are taking a peek - it is just a shame we dont know anything about who they are. Perhaps we can meet up one day - we should be easy enough to find!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We do know your little village as we passed through it first time many years ago on the way to Latchi. We have been visiting Faros for some years too would you believe it! We have a holiday home in Pissouri but work commitments, an old dog and a 26 year old son still at home mean we can get out about 4 times a year. Roll on retirement! It would be lovely to meet up with you, if you have time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That would be great - am trying to find a way to give you our email address without publishing it to the world!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.