Thursday 1 December 2011

The Last Day of November...

First off I am sure you will all want to know the verdict on the new bed for Chivers and Minnie Mou.  Well let's just say it was purchased with room to grow!!!


John keeps joking that when Minnie has her kittens... 

...we hope that is a joke but timing for her being spayed and Chivers being neutered is going to be critical and he does seem to have a small boy's preoccupation with his nether regions and hers!!

So what does the last day of November look like here in Cyprus?  It looks pretty damn fine from where I am sitting.  Although the weather station is indicating rain you can see that at 9.55am the outside temperature is 22.2 degrees!   The heat of the sun during the day is quite short-lived but very welcome all the same - it just about provides us with enough for a warm shower - a little boost from the immersion heater does the trick and at least towels can be hung out and will dry.  If we were living down where Mum and Dad do they benefit from being south facing and it being warmer so they haven't needed the immersion at all except when John and I are visiting!

It being Wednesday I was off to craft and the drive down to Neo Chorio was just stunning.  I know that the countryside lacks some of the lushness that we used to take for granted in Somerset but it has a charm all of its own.  

The roads, although never really busy, are now practically deserted and it is such a pleasure tootling off with ROC (Radio of Cyprus) FM keeping me company as I head towards the coast and the fantastic home of Jeanette and Graham.

I didn't really have a project organised for today so I dug out a mirror and a picture frame that I intended to decorate with shells and pebbles.  I thought it was important to pitch up for craft today having enjoyed the crafty day out yesterday.  Jeanette and Graham's house seems to be situated in its own eco-system as it was beautiful there today - beautiful enough to craft outside and eat our lunch outside in the sun.  We were a small but select bunch as Sandra was the only other person to attend but it was lovely because it gave us a chance to get to know one another better and have a good old chat.  Jeanette is insistent that I run some sort of card making workshop in January so that we can use up old Christmas Cards so I will have to get my act together and sort out some stuff so that I can make it interesting for people.  To my mind all the others seem very much more artistic than I am!!

I took these views of the house and swimming pool just before I left for the day - the sun had disappeared behind the trees out the back where we work so it was time to go home.  I love the house and its situation - it wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea but it is mine - there is so much that is of interest, lots and lots of land which is tamed but not manicured and bits of art and artwork all over the place and to top it off there is that magnificent view.  I do feel very lucky to be able to share it.

I wont be at craft next week because Angela and Richard are coming for lunch before they return to the UK. Things are now beginning to ramp up for Christmas - Mum and I have our first Christmas lunch at Petradaki on Friday!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.