Sunday 22 January 2017

Acting on my 'intentions'

One of the things which I have 'intended' to do this year is to be tidier and more ruthless about getting rid of things - John and I don't always agree so today he was banned from looking into the bags that I intended to fill with excess clothes.

It is not only clothes but it is craft items which I need to go through.  Taking up room in the wardrobe is a box containing a wooden tree of life which I purchased for a craft project which I was going to do for someone and then they changed their mind and I can't think I will use it now so I have advertised it for sale.  It was sold almost immediately so I reckon I probably underpriced it but never mind it will be gone and there will be more space in the wardrobe.

I was ruthless this time - I got rid of some real old favourites which I have clung onto over the near six years we have lived here - it is hard but really even after the cull I still have too many clothes and I really want to get them down to a manageable level and make sure that they go together - I envy people who know their style and stick to it and look great even in scruffers.  I buy on impulse without really thinking about the bigger picture!!

Anyway the What's New Pussycat charity shop in Kissonerga where Mum works will benefit from some bric a brac and some clothing which hopefully will bring in some pennies for the Tala Monastery cats all 700 of them or however many they have currently.

I haven't tackled my shoes yet I will leave that to another day - nor the bedding which will be a bit of a monumental task as I used to have a thing about buying bedding so there is quite a lot to go through!


It was another dry and bright day although not as nice as yesterday and the conservatory was lovely and warm - not that John thought so - he likes to hibernate in the dark of the lounge with the fire lit and I think we should be sitting out in the nice light bright conservatory - he was only wearing a t-shirt and registered his dissatisfaction by wrapping himself up in one of the snuggle blankets - actually he said he wasn't cold he just liked the feel of the blanket.

Minnie Mou has found a new place to sunbathe - she likes to find a nice sheltered spot in the sun and can often be found precariously perched on the draft excluder behind the front door.

Today she decided to pick her toes whilst sitting on the top of the barbeque.  Picking her toes is a sure sign that she has a problem with her ears as she scratches her ears with her back feet and then picks her toenails clean - nice - not!

Poor Schmoo she is the only one that suffers with her ears and we have to treat her every month and then the earmites return and she hates having her ears touched so we stand no chance of getting a cotton bud in and rummaging around so we have to rely on the spot-on topical treatment which she tolerates but disappears to live under the dining table for about three days after we have administered it.

Anyway she seemed rather pleased with her new find as she was protected on three sides and left alone by the other cats - Charlie would struggle to get his bulk up there and he normally likes to take over a bed space just to irritate the others.

This evening I went down to the Droushia Heights Hotel to meet up with Sonia Demetriou who has returned to the island and this time permanently.

She is staying in the Droushia Heights for a few days before she takes up residence in a rented apartment in Neo Chorio and once there she will take her time to find her forever home - ideally she wants somewhere old with a little garden as she is keen to grow her own vegetables.


We met through Elena and have stayed in contact.  Sonia is the person who wrote the very charming and informative book Androula's Kitchen - Cyprus on a Plate and I helped her with her slide show when she did a talk at the Droushia Heights Hotel.

It is lovely to have her back - no doubt our paths will cross regularly especially as she is keen to try a bit of belly dancing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.