Thursday 30 November 2017

We are continuing to swim, I will not bore you with the photographs - our pool is not so big that we can ring the changes with exciting shots of tumble-turns or a forward three and a half turn somersault dive in the piked position - it is just a straight in, one circuit and straight out kind of affair!

The weather forecasters have it right - they have forecast storms and the weather has changed since Saturday - thank goodness it was kind to us when we had our visitors.  On Sunday the wind was cold and probably came from the North so we had to have the gas fire on in the lounge to make sure that Mum and Dad weren't cold during lunch - it was fine in the conservatory but we don't have a table in there suitable for eating at.  Anyway we had a nice day and I cooked an American Diner type meal - John's choice.  We had slow cooked belly pork strips in a barbeque sauce with jacket potatoes, coleslaw, peas and onion rings which seemed to go down well.


It was a murky start to Monday morning - there was a rolling mist which limited visibility and the cats came in slightly soggy and disgruntled - they don't seem to mind being towelled off which is good otherwise they can be a little whiffy as they dry out!

We were in two minds as to whether to swim - it's not the getting in that is the problem now it is the getting out which is accompanied by a biting wind but we checked the sodding thermometer which continues to show 56 degrees and went for it - our efforts were rewarded with a beautiful rainbow and we felt all the better for continuing with our challenge.

Our warming bowls of porridge are all the more welcome now as they warm our hands whilst we are eating!  We are ready to face the week and whatever that is going to throw at us!

The overnight rain has dripped down the back of the 'covered way' like bar-codes - this should hopefully be a thing of the past soon as we are expecting Bassam early on Wednesday morning to help John make the cover permanent and waterproof .

This is of course weather permitting but the forecast for later in the week is good - hopefully so, as we are planning on revisiting last month's postponed Drouseian's day out which was a trip to the zoo and which was stymied when The Pug broke down en route.

I had planned to walk to Sheila and Klaus's this morning but it was a bit too wild so drove down for my regular art morning.

I finished my picture of the Hyacinth in a glass vase and have to say I am pretty pleased with the result - all I need now is to find a nice frame for it - may have to tap up my friend Marie Huntrods to cut me a bespoke mount but that will give me an excuse to go and visit her down in here shop Rainbow's End in the Old Town.

I have a day earmarked to myself for some Christmas Shopping in a couple of week's time so may well have a look around the shops there instead of going to The Mall.

I came home to make a curry in readiness for supper once I returned from bellydancing and as it was still pretty miserable outside John and I snuggled up on the sofa and watched a film which is something we almost never do.  We watched Sleight which was ok - a bit of a weird ending so we guess there is to be a Sleight 2.

When Di and I arrived at bellydancing Sofi was in full flow with her young ballet students we are to put on a performance of CATS at the technical school in Paphos on 17th December.

We only see little snippets of what they are rehearsing so it is difficult to tell what the performance is going to be like - but if Sofi's rant this evening was anything to go by I am guessing they have a bit of a way to go!

Sofi rang the changes with our routine tonight - we had a lot of hip action going on which is fine when you are static and not so fine when you are supposed to be moving - Sofi makes it look so attractive and the rest of us look like Max Wall on speed.



I returned home to find John at the stove cooking the naan breads with the curry ready in the slow cooker and the rice in the microwave - John is ace at getting the naan breads right and the recipe I found on the internet is easy and fail-safe.  It was maybe just a little hotter (in the spicy sense) than I normally make - this was red Thai curry and it made my nose run and my lips and tongue tingle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.