Wednesday 27 December 2017

not many days to go...

We are oh so very close to Christmas now that I am beginning to panic so tonight I am dedicating my time to getting prepared and the panic is probably why I woke today so very early, either that or the fact that Minnie Mou had wrapped herself around my head so I looked like Davy Crockett!  I disentangled myself and headed off to the kitchen to be greeted by the other three members of my ginger posse who were all in and ready to be fed.  I ventured outside to get something from the freezer and was amazed at just how warm it felt.  It was overcast and muggy but with a warm wind.  We were due a coptic a couple of days ago so maybe this was it - there have been warnings about sand in the atmosphere and then rain.  I cannot see us sitting outside opening Christmas presents this year but having checked the water temperature of the pool a dip looks likely as it has gone up to 52 degrees and our cut off was 50!

I found this cushion on-line - I think I should have asked someone to buy it for me because, as you know, I am often faced with the challenge of sorting out the sheets with one or more feline hangers-on making it difficult - today was no exception!

I had a text message to tell me that there was a parcel at the Post Office - I am hoping that this might be one of John's Christmas presents otherwise his stocking is going to be very skinny.  We decided to leave in plenty of time to get to the main Paphos branch as we envisaged it might be chaos as this is the last day it is open before Christmas.

Mum had text to say that Mrs Metaxa is pleased with her progress so she no longer has to wear her Roy Orbisons indoors - no longer such an International Woman of Mystery!  Her new issue is her teeth - one fell out the other day and she has had to have it cemented back in but the dentist doesn't think this will last long and she also needs some extractions but with her heart problem this is something they don't really want to do.  Oh the joys of getting older - if it isn't one thing it is another.

For some reason I didn't take any photographs today of events as they took place so you will have to forgive me for filling the blog with snaps of our Christmas decorations!

The parcel was indeed of John's presents so phew he will have something to unwrap and fortuitously whilst I was in the queue I received a second message from the Post Office to say I had a second parcel so managed to get both at the same time, a couple of minutes later and we would have been on our way to Emba and had to turn back so that was lucky.


We had a slightly different crowd at Pickleball this afternoon with Kyle and Liz joining Di, John and I to make up the numbers and we had a very good natured, jolly session.  Bless Liz - she is in her 80s and played so hard and worked up such a sweat that I thought we might need to call in some paramedics!   Our thoughts are with Kyle who will be returning to the UK briefly due to a family bereavement.


All was good with Mum and Dad and we have to say a big thank you for getting down to Lidl for us and securing half a dozen bottles of the lovely Ruby Cabernet we had the other evening.  John and I called into the bakery to grab a spit roast chicken and some roast potatoes so that we could get in and have tea before I knuckled down and got as much as I could ready for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.