Tuesday 6 February 2018

Monday


John was off to Peyia this morning to have his second filling - he must have been happy with the Dentist because he wouldn't normally voluntarily go for work until he was desperate!  I walked to Art.  It was a glorious day even if there was a chill in the air and this is my view when I leave the Estate - who wouldn't want to walk with a view like this!


Droushia has suddenly become a hive of activity with quite a bit of building work happening -  this is the house going up next to my friend Georgia's in a space which used to be used for parking.  I wasn't sure if she was aware but apparently it is being built by her cousin on what I guess must be family land.  I guess that once it is up and finished we will forget what that area used to look like.


Just down the road from Sheila and Klaus there has been some building work going on - the road has been closed periodically when stuff has been delivered - generally in the middle of the road!!!  There are what appears to be two small cottages on the corner and at the back they have done some fabulous stone work and erected what I think must be a gazebo.  I am guessing this is going to be a holiday let but don't know for sure.  Whatever happens it has certainly tidied up that bit of land.


When we had our 15 minute call for lunch from Klaus I packed up and took my progress picture - except it didn't look like I had made much progress at all!!!!  Today I was working on the rafia straw stuff that it attached to the jamjar - it is harder than I thought!  Still it will be a nice picture when it is finished!!!  Sheila is working on her magpie picture but even she got bored with doing leaves this morning and we both packed up without any delay before our delicious lunch which meant that I would have to do a lot more wobbling at belly dancing than I had anticipated!!


Sheila is a whizz with orchids - she has quite a number on her sideboard which look healthy and flower over and over.  I have donated one of mine to her tender loving care - I have failed miserably to find it a happy home since it finished flowering and by the time I threw in the towel it looked pretty sad - I took it last week and I am pleased to report that Nurse Sheila has begun to work her magic and the sad droopy withered leaves are looking green and lush - I have high hopes that I will walk in there one day and it will be back in full bloom.


Whilst John was down towards Paphos he went off to one of the electrical shops where I had seen what I thought was a combi microwave and a Sharp one at that.  It was a good price - a lot less than I had paid for the Panasonic and at least by buying it here I can take it back to the retailer if there is a problem.  First impressions are good but it is going to be a learning curve as to how it functions - I was supplied with two manuals but one was in every language known to man and the English section was a dozen pages at the back of the second manual.  I left John pondering the instructions and escaped to belly dancing - I reckon I got the better deal!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.