Saturday 31 March 2018

More good friends...

Our routine is still out of the window so today we were having lunch out courtesy of John and Liselotte, partly as a thank you for taking them to the airport and fetching them when they went on their travels over Christmas and partly because they wanted to ask Mum along and get her out.  Bless Mum she agreed to drive so that we could all have a drink even though Liselotte stuck to water!

It was another lovely warm day but today we had a whole load of sand in the atmosphere which made it very close and sticky - when I went out first thing to fill the cats' water bowls and fill the water feature I stuck my toe into the pool and decided that the water didn't feel at all bad.  In fact when I checked the thermometer the temperature was a lot warmer than the last time we had swum last year - in fact 15% warmer!

I decided that I would go in, John was not impressed because he isn't going to let me go in and him not go in so once I had done it he did it as well!  It really wasn't too bad and as we had hot water ready for a shower we had a good refreshing start to the day.

The trick in all this is to get straight in and not to use the slowly slowly approach I used to adopt where I eased myself in millimetre by millimetre complaining all the way.

We have started covering the pool much earlier this year as it has been so much warmer and we really want to try and use the pool more than we have done in the past.  We shall need to keep it covered over tomorrow when even more sand in the atmosphere is forecast otherwise all John's hard work at getting it nice a clean will go out of the window.  Dad would have said we were crazy and I guess we are a bit.


Mum arrived about midday and I drove to the winery via John and Liselotte's as Mum didn't know the way and the road can be a bit tricky.  We sat in the comfy sofas and spent a lovely couple of hours chatting and drinking wine/water/coffee and eating lounza and halloumi pittas with an accompanying cheeseboard.  Once again I am so grateful for the lovely friends we have who are more than happy and have been more than happy to accommodate my parents in our socializing.  I think Mum had another nice day and for that I am pleased.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.