Thursday 15 November 2018

Helping hands...


It is obviously my week for being a nice person - yesterday I rescued David from the cold and today I was taking Diana's neighbour Judi together with Diana to Paphos so that Judi could get a new phone and laptop with us on hand to give a bit of advice.  We started out looking at what was available at Computer SOS in Chlorakas and I have to say Brian was really helpful but then we moved to the Mall and in Public Judi found a laptop which she really liked and only really because there was contrast in the colour of the keys on the keyboard which made it easier to see.  We were successful in getting her a laptop which we left so that they could load some core software and we were also successful in getting her a phone so mission accomplished.  After a quick  flit around Jumbos we piled back into the car having decided that we would be "Ladies Wot Lunch" and take the opportunity to eat at Oniros on its penultimate day before closing for the season.



It was beautiful today so where better to enjoy some lovely scenery and food than Oniros.  It is one of my most favourite places to go and because we only go a couple of times a year it is a real treat although somehow I always manage to be the driver!!!  It was understandably packed although we timed it just right to get a table with a view and in some shade so that we were not melting in the sun.



It is a day like today that makes me so grateful that (a) I dont work and (b) I live on a beautiful island where we have beautiful sunshine this late in the season.  We should do this sort of thing more often but then it wouldn't be a treat!!!  Diana chose the lamb farouk dish with couscous and I chose the aromatic chicken which is served in a focaccia bun with fabulous fries that are coated in smokey paprika and Judi opted for the chicken Caesar salad which she said was lovely but is maybe not quite so photogenic as the other dishes!!



Back home John had had a quiet day at home which he said he had thoroughly enjoyed (without me nagging I guess!!)  On my return he was skimming the pool and rescued a praying mantis.  This is not unusual but what was unusual was that this one got out its tail feathers to dry them off and I had no idea how colourful they are.  Good news, once dried out the PM lived to fly another day!

I felt a bit guilty that I had managed to get to Oniros before it closed - I know how much John likes it so to make it up to him whilst I was getting some fridge surprise supper ready I mixed him a cocktail - I had had a non alcoholic mojito at Onrios which was lovely and I fancied something with that lime and mint combo but didn't have any white rum for a proper mojito but we had gin and lots of it and who knew you could make a mojito from Gin - although it isn't called a mojito it is called a Southside Fizz and it is LUSH!!

Our fridge surprise supper was a pretty damn fine Thai style chicken curry.  I made the curry paste myself using fresh ginger, fresh chili, garlic, lime and peanuts and then added coconut milk.  I fried off some chicken, onion and red peppers then combined it all and garnished with coriander.  I made it like a 'wet' biryani by adding the lime and coriander flavoured rice to the mix and voila a one pot supper.

It must have been good - John and I both ended up with runny noses!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.