Wednesday 19 December 2018

Reuniting with our No 1 Stalkers...


Ok so I know I am rarely the other side of the camera but this is to show I was at the meal last night and thanks to Diana for taking the photo although I look like I have got some devil horns going on there!

The weather is still causing concern - Dip's flight was cancelled today and we are guessing that was why.  We are expecting Wendy and Bill to arrive later today so we have everything crossed that they will get here safely.

This morning we thought that Boris was missing but we found him in Chivers' basket and he was absolutely, absolutely soaked to the skin and stank - we believe he may have fallen into one of the empty pools and the filthy water that is currently in them and he was in one hell of a state but would not stay in front of the fire to dry off.  Something had really spooked him and he ran off from us which was most upsetting.  I was so worried about him but later on in the day he ventured back and cleaned himself off.

I had arranged to go down to Mum's and create a new Christmas Tradition - she and I trying to make pasties together after years of her and Dad doing it.  Apparently she had a nightmare last night with Dad telling her she was making them wrong!!

Mum is in the charity shop on a Thursday so I was taking the opportunity to do a bit of shopping and have my hair cut before the big bake in.

John's mum has given us some money and we want to use some of it to buy something specific so that we can tell her that is where it has gone.  We had seen some lights in Superhome Centre and thought we might replace our kitchen lights.  I parked at the top carpark and took the stairs down to the shop floor.  The lift wasn't working and the stairwells had obviously been subject to a water leak - what a mess to greet prospective customers.  Anyway the lights we had seen were single black bottle shaped but when I arrived there was only one left - they had a triple version but only in white and I quite fancied having six bulbs lighting up the kitchen rather than two but they only had one of these left so we had to bin the idea which was a bit disappointing.

On the plus side I had to go and collect my parcel from Malaysia which is hopefully the correct part for Kenny - the master brake cylinder.  I managed to find it on-line at a great price even with postage but knew I would have to pay duty.  I had to go and see the lady that I normally refer to as Attila the Hun as she seems to have a complete lack of sense of humour but she was ok today and I only had 15 euros to pay in duty so if it is the correct part it was a bargain and we would certainly use the place again if I needed to.


Mum and I tackled the Pasty situation with gusto.  Dad would have turned in his grave with the quality of my crimping but we managed to get our three ready for Boxing Day and a Pasty-Pie for over Christmas when Mum is staying.  I hope that they will turn out ok when they have been cooked - they looked all right.  I stayed and had a cuppa with Mum and said I wanted to leave before it got dark and then I heard a rumble of thunder but when I left if was dry.


It only remained dry for about a millisecond so by the time I got to Peyia you could see nothing above ground level it was appalling and so I had to drive slow and steady all the way home as I had visions of aquaplaning if I wasn't careful.  At one point I had the wipers on super fast and they just couldn't cope.  I was very very glad when I got home in one piece with John waiting with a brolly to help me bring in the shopping.


We were thrilled when we heard that Wendy and Bill had landed safely in Paphos because they must have been coming in when the weather was at its worse and they got their hire car and made it to us without any unnecessary detours.  We have missed them so it is lovely to think we will have a little time with them and so after some catching up and a drinkie or two we had a spot of supper and checked out whether or not is was ok to sit at the table with the wood burner lit.  The weather raged outside but we were warm and toasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.