Thursday 17 January 2019

Rain rain go away...


We are practically housebound due to the weather - we don't really mind although the cats might when we run out of liver!  Being home gives me the opportunity to try and restore some order after Christmas and the New Year - we will be taking the decorations down on Saturday but in the meantime some things can be put away.  One of my most favourite gifts (and I did have everso many lovely things) was this tote bag from John's Mum - oooooooh she knows me so well!!!  This little beauty is small enough to fold up and go into my handbag which is good news as I lost the one I recently bought from Jumbos.


There seems to have been a bit of a recurring theme with my gifts as I received this little coaster from Janet's friends Jackie and Stan - John's was a Sheffield United one which must have turned Stan's stomach being a bit of an Owls supporter!!!  Anyway I shall be putting the bag to good use and the coaster when John and I have our own little gin tasting evening - date yet to be arranged!!!


John needed to take Lakis's battery down to Polis and I wanted to see if there was any pigs' liver in Paps (although I wasn't hopeful and was proved right) so we set off and as we did the weather began to brighten and it looked really nice but we could tell it was, or had been, stormy because there were several large shipping vessels sheltering in towards the shore.  The road to Polis is strewn with debris and rocks from landslides and in places the rain water was running like a river off of the fields, surely by now the reservoirs must be looking more healthy.


We took the opportunity to get rid of our glass and can recycling - last time we tried it was chaos with bags and bags stacked up under the bins.  You can see that the brief sunny spell had been exactly that, brief.  John is wearing his Christmas jumper which he is very pleased he received particularly on a day like today.  We were parked up opposite the vets which reminded me that Charlie is due a check up and he has developed a nasty sore just under his right ear which doesn't seem to be healing - it doesn't bother him but we are not sure he can feel when he is scratching it as this is the side of his face where he has the nerve damage and we think he keeps scratching it and reopening the wound.


We returned home for a lazy afternoon/evening - John's choice for today's film was Allied which we finally managed to get with subtitles which was just as well as there was so much at the beginning in French.  We then settled down to enjoy the crispy duck Mum had brought us from Lidl and which we had with spicy noodles.  At this point I have to thank Claire and Les (who returned to Hong Kong today) for the contents of their food cupboard and fridge because the mange-tout and the baby sweetcorn went down a treat.


Finally we started to watch the new series of Luther and I have to say if it weren't for the fact that Idris Elba is so easy on the eye I might well have thought twice - bloody hell this is scary and, reading reviews, set to get even more so but I can't wait to see the next episode - I love a good thriller - not sure that John is so impressed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.