Tuesday 25 June 2019

Off to the UK

So today was my last full day at home before flying to the UK to celebrate Jordan and Abi's wedding which is the weekend after next.

My batteries most definitely need recharging because once I had packed and repacked my bags I took myself off to bed for a couple of hours afternoon kip which I almost never do.  I did however test out the pool first thing because this is something I WONT be doing for the next two weeks!

There is most definitely a knack in packing two weeks' clothing and living requirements into a bag which appears to be no bigger than a shoebox, not to mention the fact that there are all those liquid and sharp limitations which means I will smell and look like Worzel Gummidge until I have made it to the shops.

I started with the essentials - hair dryer and shoes, the odd pair of pants and probably more tops than I will managed to wear over the next 14 days!  Another buggerance is that it is difficult trying to second guess the vagaries of the UK's summer weather but I have thought ahead and ordered a jacket to be delivered direct to Hazel.

So eventually bags got packed - to be fair their are shops in Yeovil although not so many nowadays as the town centre is in a spiral of decline (as are many town centres) so if I have forgotten something I will be able to buy something to cover my modesty even if it is only a pair of leggings which seem to be so very popular with the less than skinny women of a certain age in down-town Yeovs.

John has been furnished with a 'To-Do' list and Bassam pitched up this morning with some guk which is to be rollered onto the external walls to make them waterproof - it closely ressembles calomine lotion now that is something which I haven't seen for years!!!


We had arranged for Mum and her friends Sue and Fran to have lunch at the Herb Garden in Akourdaleia today, it was our gift to her for her birthday and Mother's day - all the three ladies had to do was find the venue and all the rest was taken care of.  Midway through the afternoon photographs started to arrive from Natalie (the proprietor) showing Mum (who said she did not want a fuss) being made a fuss of and thoroughly enjoying herself.  It looks like this had been a good idea and the three of them had a great afternoon.  In fact I think poor Natalie and Dave had to wait to throw them out.


John and I went for a walk via the cemetery to Finnikas where we had arranged to meet up with Di and Rob and have a pitta and chips (not any old chips but Marina's fabulous hand cut chips).  Di and Rob are going back to the UK on Friday and hope to see Charlton Athletic victorious in the play off finals against Sunderland and therefore promoted to the Championship.


We had a lovely late afternoon in the garden of Finnikas followed by a cocktail at the Hotel before mooching back home for a relatively early night.  I do hope that Di and Rob have a good trip back and that their family and friends are well and that their football team performs on the day.


With no internet until I reach Hazel's at the weekend and then limited time to record my blog I am reverting back to the old fashioned method of pen and notebook to make a note of my adventures - this will test my ability to remember how to do joined up writing and spell - neither of which is required in this digital modern age!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.