Wednesday 11 December 2019

Getting our instructions...


We had a day at home today with only one thing to do which was to have coffee with Di and the Bobster before they fly off to the UK tomorrow for a little visit.  We are going to keep an eye on their property and I am waterer-in-chief and I know how I would look after my plants so want to make sure that I know exactly which ones Di wants looking after.  We are going to miss them because even though we don't see them every day we know that they are 'just down the road'.  We had hoped to have a meal with them before they departed but Bobby has been busy painting the outside of their bungalow and was still at it today when we arrived.

Next year I really want to reinstate our Droushia Days Out.  These were suspended after the unexpected passing of my lovely Dad.  We had just had a day out in Limassol watching the flamingos and then our world was turned upside down and although we have talked about doing it again we just haven't got round to it so I am planning that in January we will - I have some ideas - I just need a date from the Veaseys when they return.

Anyway one of the items which will be in my watering care is the hanging basket in the picture above which Di has created from cuttings from my garden - I am well impressed because these succulents should return year after year.


After years of being somewhat neglected our estate is having something of a renaissance - the houses which had been repossessed are being released and several have been sold including two opposite George and Pam which have been purchased by the same person and are currently being done up.  What a difference a coat of white paint can make.  It is actually really nice to see some life being breathed back into Lordos 1 and to be honest nothing which goes on out in the street has much of an impact on us.


On our return John got out my sewing machine - well actually it is Mum's sewing machine which is on permanent loan!!!  I had some repairs to make to some shorts of John's and a shirt that needed some darts put in it and a brolly cover in need of some major repair.  I really like using the machine and was going brilliantly until I managed to break the needle, fortunately I had a spare and I managed to get my sewing jobs done and the brolly will live another few days/weeks/months!!!


We have a new flower in the garden.  This is, I think, a Pandorea Jasminoides which has been growing in a pot and suddenly made a bid for freedom.  It flowers at the end of new growth and this has grown miles and the flowers were hidden in amongst the plant which goes up and over the archway near the steps to the roof terrace.  It is lovely and adds a beautiful splash of colour where you least expect it.  That is what I love about our garden - it is a bit of a free spirit - things just happen and that is how we like it!!

We had a lazy day really - that is such a treat when there is nothing pressing needing our attention and to be honest for some reason I felt absolutely shattered.  We had a phonecall in the afternoon from the people interested in the house that is for sale (1A) to ask if we could show their architect around.  They have been before so this is quite positive for Marilena who is selling it and we hold a set of keys for her as the alarm keeps going off.  That was fine by us but it meant that we couldn't do anything about our supper until he had been and gone.


We had fridge surprise tonight - I had a load of lounza, bacon, chorizo and halloumi needing to be turned into something edible so with the addition of some tricolour fussili and some cream and herbs and spices we had a meal and it was lush!!!

We watched the end of the ABC Murders and then retired to bed.  No heating required yet but the house is definitely much cooler at night - we are still in shorts and t-shirts so will need to dig out our slippers as the next stage!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.