Wednesday 19 February 2020

Wednesday 29th January


It is taking some time to get back into the swing.  John is being very secretive as he has been charged with organising my fast-approaching big birthday celebrations.  I am trying not to get involved but as a bit of a party organising control freak that is proving to be quite difficult but I did say I did not want to organise my own birthday so John is keeping me to my word.  Worryingly today he has been muttering the words "it's all gone pear-shaped" and looking perplexed.  I dearly want to ask but have refrained.  I said to him that I wanted to do something special with Mum - maybe even something which is just hear and I for some quality time together and then something "different" with a few friends but when your birthday is in March and it could be wet and cold and lots of places are closed so his choices are limited and when I organised his 50th celebrations with the village bus and a trip to Tsangarides winery it was a beautiful day in September and was a great success so he feels he has a lot to live up to.

I left him to it because the call of some lovely sunshine proved too much and I was able to get both washing and gardening done.  On the subject of gardening I have a couple of plants in the front garden which sometimes shed all their leaves over the winter and sometimes do not depending on what sort of winter we have - this year it appears to be a 'shed their leaves' winter which means that I can go out one day and clear them all up and then we have some windy weather and I have to go and do it all again.  I brought a few things back from the UK with me for the garden which included a super cute little mouse which I have attached to one of the traditional village chairs I have in the front garden.  The paintwork has taken a battering but I actually like it looking more rustic.I saw another old chair planted up when I was at Brimsmore Garden Centre - this one was full of succulents and cacti and I really liked that - I may look at doing something similar for Marina in the village as Phillipos has told me he has some chairs at the museum that I can use for that purpose.

I also managed to bring back with me half of my birthday present from Hazel.  I had said I wanted something for the garden and I saw two things when we went to the Range together.  One was this Buddha which is actually plastic so was lightweight to bring back although took up quite a lot of my suitcase but I think looks fabulous.

The second was a metal chicken which I couldn't manage to fit in any of my bags but which Hazel says she is going to bring with her.

I know where that is going to go but I want to do something special with the Buddha.  I am thinking that the area where the day bed is might get a bit of a rejig and it can live there - we just need to get a few days of dry weather so I can get out and start in earnest.

The weather forecast isn't good for the foreseeable future so we just have to grab an hour or so when we can - the same applies to washing - only trouble here is that if we are out in the afternoon I need to get my washing dry before we leave otherwise it just gets cold and damp again.


I bought some new cushion covers for the conservatory and managed to get some nice mustard yellow throws in Asda when I was in the UK - they only cost £5 each and were easy to get in the case - I think you are getting the picture about my luggage now and why I decided to come home hands-free!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.