Tuesday 30 June 2020

Water water everywhere

This post has been amended as there were just too many references to Chivers
so sorry this is shorter than it would have been


John had arranged for Tassos to come today as Mark wanted the front of 9a cleared, unfortunately Mark was having an injection in his bad arm so couldn't be here which would not normally be a problem but the job was fraught with issues.

In clearing the front left garden Tassos discovered that the mains water pipe had a crack in it.  This was buried no deeper than an inch in the soil.  John then discovered a pinprick hole the other side of the water meter.  Tassos did a temporary fix to the mains which just stopped the flow to 9a and the 8s and 7s and that fix stopped the pinprick from seeping (as obviously there was not supply there.  This in itself is not a major issue except if the workers on the 8s pitch up and need water.

The second issue was that John wanted the waste to be dumped away from the houses but Tassos had other ideas and simply took it up to the end of the road and put it there which was the last place we wanted it to go.  I could see that this was going to cause a problem.  Anyway John spoke to Mark and he is coming up tomorrow morning so hopefully both these things can be sorted to everyone's satisfaction.


This week's art challenge is Books and Magazines and I have some ideas for a stylised photograph as one of my entries so I had to ask John to kindly sit for me until I got a suitable picture of him reading a book which will form part of my finished work.  Whilst I was fiddling about on the internet I found a new craft I want to try - more about that tomorrow.

We had village salad down for our evening meal - we are going meat-less this evening.

We had a big old plate of salad, some village bread toasted with olive oil and oregano, some tahini and tzatziki and shared a glass of Leon and it was delicious.

It has been another very hot day today - I shall need to look back on the weather page to see if it is hotter this year than it was last year at the same time.

I am hoping for a cooler day in the not too distant future as I have a mountain of ironing which I would like to tackle - I am surprised John is able to find anything to wear at the moment.

We don't have much planned for tomorrow and then on Thursday I am (a) going with Mum to sort out the payment for her tax and (b) getting my hair cut after about 4 months and I cannot wait as I look and feel dreadful!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.