Friday 10 July 2020

Footie Friday...


It is Friday and after very strange weather yesterday today was a much nicer day.  We weren't going to do too much today so we spent quite a lot of time chilling in the Do-Jo because it is actually quite cool in there even with the curtains.  It is rather comfy in there but I am not entirely sure I like the SUFC flag but John had hoped to watch the footie match in there the other evening.  We did set it up but could only run the TV box on wi-fi which was ok but not stable enough for such an important match.


We were joined by Mr Boo who has had a poorly paw.  There is a lot of work going on in and around the estate and we think he got something sharp in the pad and it had gone septic.  We managed to deal with it and it looks to be healing - he certainly isn't limping as bad as he was but he is a bit clingy.

When it was Mum's birthday I bought her and me a plant.  I had it on the window ledge and it didn't seem to be doing too well so I have moved it into a bigger pot and it seems to like its new home!  I am not sure exactly what it is but I seem to think that the woman told me it as a miniature Margarita and that it would come back after a haircut every now and again.

On that subject I have taken the plant in the pot from Dad's grave to do exactly the same thing.  The initial growth is looking somewhat brown and crispy but down in underneath there is a lot of green.  I have decided to bring it home and nurture it back to its former glory - or at least try.

Tomorrow I have earmarked for gardening and I want to get the clematis I bought yesterday in Paphos - I really really really wanted one that was not pink but they only ever seem to stock pink ones - the one and only time I managed to find a purple one it lasted one season and then never returned.  This is a Montana type so doesn't need to be cut right back like the other one I have and I thought it would go nicely along John's new trellis.

It being Friday I am absolved from cooking and we were going with Di and Rob to the gin bar in Kathikas where they were putting on a special ribs, chips and slaw evening for €7.50 a head.  I know they are trying hard to keep their business going so we said we would have gone even if just for a sandwich!!!  for €7.50 we certainly weren't expecting the massive meal we were presented with and it was absolutely lovely.  Di and Rob were well impressed and we had a really great night - shame it wasn't a bit warmer - the wind was really quiet chilly.  Next week back to fish and chips - we think we just might have to give that a go again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.