Friday 7 May 2021

Bobs and Brown Sauce

I dont know if you are a reader who gets an email to tell you about new posts but I am sorry to inform you that the blog is discontinuing this facility - no idea why - I would have thought it was a good idea but it is being discontinued and not replaced.  I am guessing that maybe now 10 years after I first started 'blogs' are becoming outdated and I should be concentrating on Insta or something else - nowadays apparently people can only cope with small bite-sized vacuous pieces of information.

Today was going to be quite a day for me because I was, after months and months, going to be able to get my hair cut.  I have, at various points in my adult life, got my hair to the sort of length it was this morning and then I have then had it all chopped off - I think this is going to be somewhat inevitable but I decided today was to be just a tidy whilst I decide on my bonce's future.  This event meant that I could stay longer at Mum's because I was putting in a request to go out to Mum's and then as I left Mum's I would put in a second request to have my hair cut and then I could go home.  Mum was happy and we had a nice lunch together.  In the field next to her house the barley is ripening nicely so the local birds and butterflies are in attendance.  This is not my photograph but today there was a lovely large swallowtail butterfly fluttering on the breeze - such a welcome and heart-warming sight.

It was such a relief to get some style and shape to my hair.  I left the length (more or less) at the front and then had the back taken up and it makes my fine thin hair (thanks Mum) look thicker and healthier.  It did make me feel good - time will tell if I will be able to dry it and keep the shape!!!

I made my way back home in the glorious sunshine and was feeling full of the joys of spring.  Today the sunshine had real warmth and the wind was less biting - it felt like Summer was round the corner - the forecast for the next few days is good.

John had had a day at home doing some bits and pieces and had been over to check on Argy and Lakis's house and swimming pool.  They phoned today, for various reasons - not least the inability to be able to fly from the UK for pleasure until Mid May - they will not be over for a while.

There is nothing they need to panic about - just general maintenance and a few bits and pieces where the weather has taken its toll but nothing out of the norm for Droushia and Winter.

On Sunday when Lilian was here she had said to me that if she went to Philippos's Supermarket and came across Branston Sauce she would get me some.  It is the one branded item that I cannot substitute - for me no other brown sauce tastes the same - not even if I liquidise the pickle it just doesn't taste the same.

Anyway she rang me to day to say she had remembered she would look for something but couldn't remember what it was!!!  Anyway I was so glad that she did because I reminded her it was Branston Sauce and bless her she managed to get me two and they weren't overly expensive which made me sooooo happy.

What a great day,   I had had a lovely lunch with Mum and I had got my hair done and I was going to take delivery of my all time favourite brown sauce - life just couldn't get much better in my book.

We had a quiet evening - we had a supper of spicy noodles and duck and then sat down to two more episodes of Ted Lasso - we only have two left and it is the sort of thing we are really going to miss when it is finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.