Wednesday 3 January 2024

Weather conditions...


This is not my photograph - this is a screen shot taken from a webcam which is overlooking the city of Paphos on a very stormy Monday morning.  We woke to thunder, lightning, rain, hail and gale force winds.  There was nothing for it but to stay in bed until it passed.  

We read the papers, albeit online, snuggled up under the sheet and fluffy throw that I have allowed John to have.  I was toasty warm as Miss Minnie had taken up her favourite spot on one of my pillows so that she was wrapped around my ears!  Sorry I know that there are a whole raft of people who think it disgusting to have pets on beds but with so many dangers out there for cats we would much rather know where our three are.  Having said that it is no joke when you are pinned down by Charlie on one side (weighing in at a stone) and Boris on the other (weighing in at a stone)!!!!


Amazingly that awful weather passed through and so we were then treated to an absolutely amazing afternoon of glorious sunshine and lovely warm temperatures.  How amazing is this island?  Being able to get outside meant that I was able to give the garden a bit of a tidy after the ravages of the strong winds.  Everything is sodden but there is still a lot of colour and a quick tidy up made it look all the better.

John was ecstatic that we had the day at home doing very little.  It is something that doesn't happen very often - for us that was one of the joys of lockdown.  

We are busy getting ready for the festive season - planning where we are going to seat everyone and feed everyone and taxi those that need - we will get there and if we can only give our guests beans on toast they will be festive beans on toast.

It amazes me that every year we say we have plenty of Christmas decorations and we don't need any more and then we have to rush out and get more to meet our needs.  I am currently busy making my Jumbos list for Friday when I will make my final visit to that wondrous store for decor to grace my dining table - John is going to have to make a bigger top to fit over the existing table in order that 6 people can sit comfortably to enjoy their Turkey and/or Gammon, the roasties and yorkies, stuffing, sauces, industrial amounts of veggies and puddings.  It is challenging but will be fun - hopefully.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.