Friday 30 September 2011

A Quiet Day (except for the BDITFND)...

Well it was going to be a quiet day today after our busy day yesterday but the BDITFND (bloody digger in the field next door) had a different idea as it started up really early this morning although more up near Sharon than us.  Still, John has managed to speak to the man who owns the field and we now know for sure that there are to be eleven properties built in the field at some point in the future (unfortunately).  At least we know and we shall just see now how it develops and whether we will need to raise our boundaries!

I know that some of you will be wanting news of the kitten.  Well the kitten was captured yesterday by Sharon and Sean and we contacted Irene who was taking him to the vets this morning at 8.00am.  We gave Irene a contribution towards the kitten's care and it transpires that the poor little thing had cat 'flu (amongst other things) but we had managed to catch him early enough for him to have a fighting chance. 

Irene brought the kitten back home to Sharon who is looking after it and has called it 'Baby' - as she does all the cats!  Irene has supplied a cage and litter, food, bowls etc (although pink so I am concerned that the kitten will be confused about its sexuality!).  She asked John if we would like to name him - canny that as that would imply some sort of association between us and the kitten.  At first we declined but then on reflection decided (as a tribute to our friends Sally and Tommy) we would ask for him to be called Chivers. 

I have been having a look through some of the photographs which Vix has taken whilst she has been here.  Some how she has a knack of capturing my better side - not!! 

Does my bum look big on this beach?  You bet your life it does.  I was trying to capture the incoming waves as I had been taught by Nicky when I went out with her getting to know my camera.

When we went to the posh spa I was trying to get a good shot of the swimming pool and umbrellas. 
I seem to spend an awful lot of my time lying on my tummy trying to get the 'winning' shot!!

Mum and Dad were coming up for a barbeque today so I sent John and Trev off to Polis to get the things which we needed.  They seemed to be gone for an awfully long time and on their return I found out why - Trevor had been to buy us some pots for the garden as a thank-you for their holiday. 
I was gobsmacked - one would have been enough but all three that we had seen when we were out the other day was more than generous.  We will have such fun trying to find the right place for them to live and the right plants to put in them.  A big THANK-YOU T&V for a lovely reminder of our holiday together.

It was lovely to have Mum and Dad up with us - Mum brought some pergamano as a little project for Vicki to learn a new craft - dangerous I know and possibly expensive!!  Mum is keen to come to the Wednesday craft lunch group in Neo Chorio and we are planning a trip soon - Dad may go fishing with John.  Anyway John put on an impressive barbeque and we hid the BDITFND with the curtains from the gazebo!

Thank God for the internet.  I suddenly realised (thanks to John's reminders on Facebook) that it was Sue's birthday today.  I know that she has been having a horrid old time with her new medication and treatment so I was gutted to think I hadnt at least sent a card to her.  I managed to find a florist that would deliver same day and had a lovely message from her tonight to say that although she was feeling like a bag of spanners the flowers had really cheered her up.  I have everything crossed that this treatment (horrendous though it is) will sort out her rheumatoid arthritis and she can return to some sort of normality - she and her husband John were so instrumental in John and I living our dream here in Cyprus. 

Big love to you Sue (and John) as I know you will be reading this xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.