Monday 24 October 2011

Sporting Sunday...

John has had a day of sport today starting with the Rugby World Cup!  We are currently watching our third premier league football game of the day and, it being Sunday, we have had it confirmed that there is a God as Man U were thumped 6-1 by Man City!!

Mum has been trying her hardest to persuade us to take on the kitten that appeared at their house yesterday - apparently it is a real cutie and is going in and out of the cat basket.  John says that unless it can be handled then the answer is still very firmly NOOOOOOO.

It was a really lovely day again today and I guess every day like this is a bonus now that we are heading towards November and I know I keep saying it but it is a shame that we didnt have settled days like this when Mark and Laura were with us.  Today at lunchtime it was just under 30 degrees outside in the back garden and it was like the nicest of English Summer days.

So this morning the job I was given was to paint the ladder which goes up onto the roof terrace to stop it rusting. 

I was having a bad hair day as I wasnt showering until I had finished the painting and with our hot water heated by the sun then it is better to shower later in the day rather than put on the immersion heater which costs a fortune!  As usual John and I had a barney about the job I was doing - so I told him to bugger off and leave me to it!

Chivers is now getting much braver and asking to go outside but he only really likes to go out somewhere where he can sit in the sunshine and he likes to keep either John or I on his radar.  He particularly likes the spot outside the backdoor and the draught excluder which comes in for a bit of a battering but that is better than him clawing on the furniture.  The kitten Mum wants us to take on looks very much like him but we are very concerned about introducing anything to upset him as he has become such a big part of our lives and he has only just about recovered from all the illnesses he had when we originally found him.

On the subject of showering John is still showering outside when the weather has been nice.  October 24 and still showering al fresco - now that cant be bad - these photos are for Trevor to prove just how hardy an old Fleet Air Armer can be!!!  

Having finished the jobs, watched Man U get a cuffing and brought Chivs back inside we took a walk down into the village as we havent done this for ages.  En route we scrumped some lovely looking figs (σύκα which I think is pronounced sika) which we are going to bake at some point for pudding - only trouble is that we rarely have puddings nowadays! 

We stopped to have a drink at Cristos's taverna and had a couple of beers which were accompanied by salted nuts and then some fresh pomegranate (ρόδι which I think is pronounced rothi) - we were going to stay out longer but I had a real weary coming on and I think it is the start of a cold so we decided to go back home.

I decided to cuddle up on the sofa as apparently did Chivers so we looked like a couple of bookends wrapped up in our 'blinkies'!!

I feel a bit better now and we are snuggled up having had tea about to watch the X Factor results - we think Frankie should be the one to go - he needs to sort out that mullet that is on his head for starters.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.