Monday 2 April 2012

Laura's Last Full Day...

Today Laura and I went down to Paphos to get some last minute purchases before Laura returns home tomorrow.  Her week has flown by but we have been blessed with lovely weather which has made things easier.  Today was cooler and windier so probably a good day to shop.  We picked up some bits and pieces from the Euro Shop and then parked up and took our lives in our hands and crossed over to the London Supermarket to have a look at the plants they had for sale.  It was an absolute riot of colour and doing a roaring trade.  I think the sunshine has got people thinking about their gardens.  Ours is slowly coming to life but we have had a number of casualties and a number of late starters and I am probably being a bit impatient but the garden is going to be my next project.  

We moved on to the market in Paphos as Laura wanted to get some honey but she got side-tracked by the scarves!  She was a good girl and didn't buy one but there were some really nice ones on offer.

She managed to get some honey with thyme and some honey made from orange blossom for Ed who runs the stables where her horse Josef is liveried.  She could probably have bought more things but she is beginning to get a bit concerned about weight allowance particularly as she purchased a rather large casserole dish earlier in the week.

We left the market to sit in the sun and have a drink in Scorpios which seems to have had a bit of a facelift over the winter months as the 'outside' space is now a rather large conservatory area.  Thomas the Taverna Cat was in residence waiting for one of the locals who comes every day and feeds him biscuits.  He is a large and handsome cat but has a bit of a temper as he was busy waiting for Laura to vacate his seat.  We didn't stay for lunch, our next stop was Lidl's to replenish John's ice-cream stocks and the UK shop in Peyia for some Super Sunday Soccer Cider as stocks in this were also getting low!

We have spent our afternoon chilling in the conservatory - although the day looks bright enough it was quite cool and the wind strong - not so under the glass as we had to have the windows open and even Minnie Mou who loves the heat was finding it a bit too much.

Laura commented on the fact that I was still reading the same book as I was when she was over in October.  I haven't done anything like the amount of reading that I had anticipated and sat in the warm with drooping eyelids I know why!

For Laura's last evening meal we were staying in - we had toyed with the idea of going to Faro's but I had bought quite a bit of food in readiness and we don't seem to have eaten much of it.  Tonight we were going for salad with hasselback potatoes and prawns in a marie-rose sauce.  It is lovely to be eating salads again as it is most definitely John and my favourite.  

Have heard from Mum today that Dad has his appointment for his cataract operation and it is going to be next Thursday.  We have offered to be there for them and do the driving so they dont have anything to worry about.  Apparently it is a very quick procedure and at least if he has it done next week he should be fully recovered by the time Kaye and family arrive so he will be able to enjoy himself whilst they are here.

I thought you might like to see the finished results for the geckos which we decorated yesterday.  An eclectic mix but colourful and fun and I intend to do some more when I am at craft next Wednesday.  It means I wont have to take too much with me as I can only stay a couple of hours and then I have to shoot back for the Droushia Ladies Lunch Club and I can't miss that as I am there to support Marian and I am taking Melanie along with me this time.


1 comment:

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.