Monday 21 September 2015

Monday - a new picture emerges

 Up with the lark this morning because I needed to get down to Polis early and do some bits and pieces before going to Art this morning.  Sean and Sharon return on Tuesday, we are off to Larnaca airport to go and pick them up, and they have their internet connection on a scheme where you can suspend it whilst you are away and of course now they need it reinstated.  Not having done it before I wasn't sure how long it was going to take but the guy behind the counter filled in the paperwork and took a copy of my letter of authority and said that was it.  I should probably have given them a little more notice but as Sean and Sharon are here for a month this time they should get it at some point whilst they are here!  I was obviously having a senior moment because I was meant to fill the car up with fuel and totally forgot!  I think it was because I was desperately trying to think of something to give Dad for his birthday on Wednesday - but what, at the magnificent age of 84. do you buy someone who neither needs nor wants anything? I wandered around Polis and then took myself off to Latchi to have a look at the tat shops on the front!


Latchi, on a clear and bright September morning is absolutely beautiful - even in the height of Summer it can never be what is considered really crowded and this morning there were a handful of people settling themselves on the beach and a number of boats bobbing around just outside the breakwater.

No joy on the shopping front in either Polis or Latchi - not surprised really - could have found a million things for Mum but nothing for Dad!  I decided that the best thing would be for us to pay for the meal we are having to celebrate both his and John's birthday on Wednesday night at the Blue Olive in Coral Bay.


On my return to Drouseia I decided to swing by home and drop off all my paperwork before going to Sheila's for my Monday morning art.  I also decided to check on Ollie and Trish's house for one last time as I have been watering whilst they have been on holiday and the last twice I have been in charge they have been burgled the first time and then the second time we had a power cut and their main trip went leaving a huge freezer and fridge freezer to defrost and ruin the contents.  This time nothing so spectacular - I just didn't manage to keep the melons alive but think they should not have been growing in pots - nor an oldish tomato plant.  Across the way from Ollie and Trish's they are picking the grapes in the vineyard - can't say I thought there were many but then I guess they are being grown for wine and not to put in a fruit bowl so they probably don't have to look up to much.


We have horses again just down the road - one is not headless - it just wouldn't turn round for me to take its picture!  I don't recognise either of these but the black one is a real big boy if you get my drift!  They looked in pretty good condition and had loads of water - that is until one or other of them kick the container over!

When I arrived at Sheila's my friend Louise of Lou's Mobile Dog Grooming  and her roadie husband Hywel (pronounced Howl not Huwel as I did for months) were giving Sheila's dogs Benji (in picture) and Charlie their regular grooming session.  The dogs seem to really enjoy their pampering session and were pretty chilled and relaxed and completely disinterested in my arrival!

I had taken my lead for our Logitech internet radio which we had purchased having seen Lou and H's.  Theirs had stopped charging for some reason so they wanted to prove whether or not it was the lead or something more radical.  Fortunately it proved to be the lead and so now we just need to locate one on tintyweb and then they can have their radio back up and working.  Lou says she has been lost without the radio!

 It had been Sheila and Klaus's 45 wedding anniversary in the week and I had forgotten to take a picture of the card I had made for them so here it is in all its glory!

Slightly more artistic is my new picture started today.  The inspiration came from a photograph I took when I was in Kouklia back in May - Elaine had asked me to take a series of photographs to frame for a friend of hers who was celebrating his 60th birthday and who has a home in Kouklia - this is going to be a bit of a challenge as I am finding the stonework difficult to reproduce and there is a lot of it in the original picture - I may need to adopt some artistic licence!!!

To round of a lovely day we had arranged to meet Lou and H at the Vasilikon winery - Lou's mum arrives on Tuesday and she wanted to see if it was somewhere that she could take her whilst she is visiting.


We arrived early as you can see from the photograph - before the wine had been ordered!!!

Lou and H had not been to the winery since it had moved into its new premises and were very impressed - Lou's mum Pat will indeed be visiting!!!


Once again, good wine, good food, good company and a spectacular venue - all on our doorstep - how lucky are we?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.