Sunday 19 February 2017

A new week...


Monday morning and John and Readie John were off out playing lumberjacks - albeit unsuccessfully as it turned out because they had hoped to ascertain from the forestry where they might be able to go and get some wood to supplement their delivery from Christos and the man from the forestry he say 'no' so they gave it up as a bad job!!!

I walked down to Sheila and Klaus's for my regular art session.  I took the road which meant I passed by Cataract Val's and Lady Val's houses - it was a bright start to the day and I was glad to be out walking - John was going to pick me up later so we could do a bit of shopping in Polis.   This is the scenic route which means I avoid walking down through the village.

There is a for sale sign opposite CV's house - it is a tad confusing because the position makes it look like the tree is for sale - in fact it is the plot of land - the sign appears to be a new addition - I don't remember seeing it before.

At the time of the elections I had heard that this bit of road was going to be finished off properly so that it was an official through road without the rough bit at the end opposite the Clampetts house but now according to Lynda that seems to be up in the air again.  The people who live in the Clampetts house are very friendly - Mrs Clampett always waves and I remember bumping into Mr Clampett one evening on our way home from the Hotel and having a talk with him but the state of their house and the garden never seems to improve!!  Today it was as messy as ever!!


Droushia is nowhere near the thriving community which Elena used to tell me about when the main road through was thronged with shops and eating establishments - like many villages people have had to move farther afield for work but in the few years since we have been living here we have seen an improvement in what is available for tourists by way of places to stay and places to eat although it can still be a bit hit and miss as to what is open in the winter.  We have heard a whisper (no more than that at this stage) that the old building with the sign that warns you not to park under the verandah in case it gives way is being considered as a restaurant which would be nice - it would also be nice if the proposed carpark in the centre came to fruition.  We only want small changes but positive ones as we quite like the sleepy nature of the village as it stands.

I was greeted on my walk by local pets - the little puppy which is in the house next to the holiday apartments has grown into a small dog, a small dog with a loud bark which started off Charlie and Benji who were out in the garden at Sheila and Klaus's and had obviously spied me walking up the road. The black dog is a feisty little thing but has a cute little face but sadly appears to spend most of its days chained in the garden.

Once I settle in at Sheila and Klaus's Charlie normally comes and greets me but Benji is not so bothered!!  They are both looking neat and tidy as they were recently groomed by Lou - Charlie and Benji that is and not Sheila and Klaus!!

So we had a good session this morning - Sheila is busy working on her picture of the barn owl and I am still working on my picture of the peonies in a glass vase - my progress is slow but I am in no rush!!!

John picked me up after lunch and we went down to do some shopping in Paps which is our normal Monday routine and then I called into Beauty by Kate as Kate had very kindly got some dirhams for me left over from a recent visit to Dubai for her 40th birthday.

In fact she had an envelope with lots of useful bits and pieces including maps and information about where to change your money and then some small notes which she thought would be useful for me to use as tips.  It was so kind of her as it means I will at least have something in my purse when we arrive in the early hours of the morning.

I don't know if it is the amount of dust we have had in the atmosphere recently but I started to feel like I was going to go down with a cold and felt a bit off so I didn't manage to go to belly dancing this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.