Thursday 4 January 2018

Christmas is over...

Ok so it is the day after Boxing Day and there is little to report from the Wiseman household as we took the opportunity to clean up around the house.  Why is it that when you are a child 12th night seems to come round all to quickly and Christmas is over?  I am sat looking at the decorations thinking I could quite happily take them down now as the main part of the season's festivities are over!

This time last year it was Elena's funeral and it was a bitterly cold day, I remember it so well because having agreed to help with the collection I hadn't realised that this would mean I would be sat outside the church for the duration of the proceedings taking in money and writing receipts.  I was frozen!
This year the weather is much much better and we had a decent amount of sunshine throughout the day - enough warmth in it for me to go outside and do a bit of gardening.  Lots of plants which should have died back by now are having a second spurt and the solanums have gone mad plus Mum gave me some crocus and tulip bulbs for Christmas and I wanted to get them in even if it is a bit late for them this coming spring they will hopefully come good the next one round.

In the intervening year a lot has changed on the island for people who attended Elena's funeral - Horsey Caroline has moved back to the UK so is no longer in charge of the riding stables and the yurts which we used so successfully for Jane's special birthday and Mad Caroline has left the Herb Garden with husband Clem and two children and Welsh Elaine who separated from her husband Paul has taken on the running of the Herb Garden.  There are doubtless many other comings and goings!


Whilst cleaning I heard a piece on Rock FM about a forthcoming charity event asking for artists to donate pieces which are to be sold for PASYCAF (a charity dear to Elena's heart and mine).  This year they did an event asking for local photographers to donate a photograph and I donated one of mine.  The Art event has the theme 'LIFE' and I have a small picture which I did ages ago which has never found a home so I have emailed to see whether this would be accepted - it would be quite nice if it was.

We embarked on the latest series of Peaky Blinders this evening - ooooh got to love a spot of Cillian Murphy whilst toasty warm with a roaring log fire and a spot of cheese and biscuits and port!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.